Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read through the lift and tire info sticky and it said that 33's if they rub the bumper that it could be spaced out, How would I go spacing that out? thinking of just getting stock size tires for a better ride and less noise. Maybe better mpg and power with stock size? But every thinks they would look goofy so idk what to do. Right now I've got bridgestone dueler apt 32x11.50R15LT's on it but they are starting to dry out in treads and walls and getting bubbles on the walls lol.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Wheel spacers. This has been answered on here before 33s are the largest a stocker can fit. I believe a 14 inch tire is as wide of a tire that the stock rim can fit. You can google wheel spacers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Read through the lift and tire info sticky and it said that 33's if they rub the bumper that it could be spaced out, How would I go spacing that out? thinking of just getting stock size tires for a better ride and less noise. Maybe better mpg and power with stock size? But every thinks they would look goofy so idk what to do. Right now I've got bridgestone dueler apt 32x11.50R15LT's on it but they are starting to dry out in treads and walls and getting bubbles on the walls lol.
My 32x11.5x15's rubbed on the RA, so I bought a new set of rims that had an offset. That moved the wheel just out beyond the fender but now I have complete turn of the steering wheel without the tire rubbing.

I personally wouldn't go much bigger than 32's unless I installed a 2-4" lift. And, with a stock 5.8 I'd probably do a 4.11/4.10 gear change which is a major expense just to go up 1".

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did ford put on them when they sold broncos anyway? proly gonna get some 30's just so i dont get rub i dont feel like cutting anything

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Nice lookin' Bronco rcracerx, Do those 33's rub the radius arms bad ?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Thanks, it only ubs at full lock in parking lots or tight spaces, other then that not at all. Never had to space the bumper out or anything.

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
The factory tire size options for your 1990 Bronco was as follows:

P235x75R15 or 31x10.50R15
Lol, better than the early 80s Broncos which were stock 215 75R15s, or optional 235 75R15s.

My Bronco looked awfully funny with 27" tires.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Really a 14 inch wide tire on a 7.5 inch wide wheel? I would not go to 12.5s on the stock wheel, but some say it is doable that way.
12.5 fits fine on my rims. When I wheel I air down below 10psi and never had a problem popping a bead

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have 32's mounted on alcoas and they rub on the sway bar and the radius arm at full lock.
my suspension is stock...well, i have upgraded shocks but it's stock height.
the biggest tire you can have on a stock bronco is 31" without any rubbing issues w/o modifications.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Like I said some do it. I would imagine that you can not run much more than 25pis on the street to keep the wear OK.
That's pretty close to what I run, between 25 and 30 psi...anything much more and she starts wondering around on the freeway.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,407 Posts
Pay attention to which years people are referring to. The body style breaks are 78-79, 80-86, 87-91, & 92-96. So 87-91s should be similar to your 90. 92-96s as mentioned above have issues with the front bumper rubbing long before 87-91s do.

I ran 33 x 12.50 x 15s on my 90 for quite awhile. I think they worked out fine. It had 3 minor rubs at extreme positions.
-They rubbed the sway bar at full lock before it was removed. Don't turn so far or adjust the stops.
-They rubbed on the radius arms at full lock. Don't turn so far or adjust the stops.
-The left front barely rubbed the chrome trim over the wheel well at full stuff. If the chrome wasn't there it wouldn't have rubbed.

I currently have 35 x 12.50 x 15s on it. They're too big with no lift or cutting. After running the 33s I wanted more clearance. I bought them knowing that it's getting lifted soon. They're ok on flat ground. They rub at the rear of the front wheel well opening if compressed much, like if I hit a driveway a little quick with the wheels turned. I tested them a little & it looks like there are lots of wheeling conditions where they would rub too much. Time for that lift.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Pay attention to which years people are referring to. The body style breaks are 78-79, 80-86, 87-91, & 92-96. So 87-91s should be similar to your 90. 92-96s as mentioned above have issues with the front bumper rubbing long before 87-91s do.

I ran 33 x 12.50 x 15s on my 90 for quite awhile. I think they worked out fine. It had 3 minor rubs at extreme positions.
-They rubbed the sway bar at full lock before it was removed. Don't turn so far or adjust the stops.
-They rubbed on the radius arms at full lock. Don't turn so far or adjust the stops.
-The left front barely rubbed the chrome trim over the wheel well at full stuff. If the chrome wasn't there it wouldn't have rubbed.

I currently have 35 x 12.50 x 15s on it. They're too big with no lift or cutting. After running the 33s I wanted more clearance. I bought them knowing that it's getting lifted soon. They're ok on flat ground. They rub at the rear of the front wheel well opening if compressed much, like if I hit a driveway a little quick with the wheels turned. I tested them a little & it looks like there are lots of wheeling conditions where they would rub too much. Time for that lift.
do you have a picture of the 35s?

·
Banned
676 Posts
Really a 14 inch wide tire on a 7.5 inch wide wheel? I would not go to 12.5s on the stock wheel, but some say it is doable that way.
ummm.... yeah, really? way too wide on too narrow of a wheel. I like to run the wheel width specified by the tire manufacturer for optimal performance myself.
That's pretty close to what I run, between 25 and 30 psi...anything much more and she starts wondering around on the freeway.
What does she wonder about? why she's on the freeway?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts