Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys a buddy of mine is wanting me to lift his 96 bronco. Dont flame me on his choice of tires, but He want to run 44 TSLs and nothing else. I know that these are bad on his running gear, but He doesnt care and the truck will never go off road. Will these clear with an 8" skyjacker and A 3" body with minimal trimming? If not is there any bigger lift kits out there? Thanks, Brett

Also Can a 2" spacer be added to the coils for additional lift?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 8 inch skyjacker kit and a 3inch body, my 38s hit the fender if it gets in a bind. It will also steer like shit. You can't get any strong steering kits for a TTB. I am in the process of a SAS.. It may clear a 39.5 to a 42 but they can't be real wide. My tires are 15.50 wide and they will srub. If you put 10inches of lift on a TTB you will have almost no control of steering at high speeds. Wide 44's will work on those weak tie rods.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I know that these are bad on his running gear, but He doesnt care and the truck will never go off road.
So instead of probably just breaking his stuff on the trail (or better yet, actually upgrading stuff so it doesn't break) he's going to break it going 60 down the highway and kill himself and very possibly other people? Sounds like a winner to me.

Best case scenario would be him not breaking anything except failing to stop and rear ending somebody. More than likely a little honda that he will run right over. Personally I'd tell him I want nothing to do with that situation.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Go buy a deuce and a half from the military, take the axles and put them under the bronco, then install his tires of choice. Easy as 1-2-3.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,475 Posts
Guys a buddy of mine is wanting me to lift his 96 bronco. Dont flame me on his choice of tires, but He want to run 44 TSLs and nothing else. I know that these are bad on his running gear, but He doesnt care and the truck will never go off road. Will these clear with an 8" skyjacker and A 3" body with minimal trimming? If not is there any bigger lift kits out there? Thanks, Brett

Also Can a 2" spacer be added to the coils for additional lift?
Not going to flame you Brett since this is supposed to be your buddy's thinking.

The easiest answer to you is NO. No on the tire fitment, and therefore, NO, don't get involved in this stupid ass project. Maybe he'll get mad at you and not be your buddy anymore, which by his thinking/desires is likely a good thing for you.:thumbup

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Not going to flame you Brett since this is supposed to be your buddy's thinking.

The easiest answer to you is NO. No on the tire fitment, and therefore, NO, don't get involved in this stupid ass project. Maybe he'll get mad at you and not be your buddy anymore, which by his thinking/desires is likely a good thing for you.:thumbup
:stupid

Plus, if you get in on your buddy's project, the stupid project becomes your liability too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the farthest id go with a stock axle would be 38" but chances are you might still end up breaking somthing. i wanted to put some 38" on with a 6"sus and 3" body but i think im just gonna stick ith some 35 or 36" bogger or mud terrain. good luck:popc1:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Friends don't let friends build "stupid ass projects"

LMAO!!!! :rockon

the farthest id go with a stock axle would be 38" but chances are you might still end up breaking somthing. i wanted to put some 38" on with a 6"sus and 3" body but i think im just gonna stick ith some 35 or 36" bogger or mud terrain. good luck:popc1:

Why would you need the 3" BL? I have a 6" and I am running 37's with no rubbing

·
TTB FTW
978 Posts
So what is the biggest tire that you would recommend with 8 suspensions and 3 body? Could he get away with 42's on road only?
i dont see why anybody would want to run bigger than a 35 on the road. there is NO point to it. 44's are around 500 a tire last time i checked.you can pick up a whole set of used 33's for that.. why would you want to run them on the highway and lose a ton of life out of them? with 44's 42's 38's its going to be a DOG and you will lose mpg hardcore.:twak

why not a 6 inch lift with 35's thats still relatively big for a daily driver.

or better yet just stick some 33's 32's or even 31's under it stock and roll :rockon

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.