Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked sometime before but it's tough to search such a generic question (I tried). What is the biggest tire size I can put on my 1993 Bronco with stock suspension without adding spacers and without trimming? I intend to install a lift someday but that might be a couple years so in the meantime I wanted to see what my options might be. Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
859 Posts
What wheels? Is rubbing at full lock an issue for you? Is spacing the front bumper out an issue for you?

You can do 33s if you are willing to deal with radius arm rub at steering lock and spacing out the front bumper. Otherwise 31's

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
What wheels? Is rubbing at full lock an issue for you? Is spacing the front bumper out an issue for you?

You can do 33s if you are willing to deal with radius arm rub at steering lock and spacing out the front bumper. Otherwise 31's
the rub has more to do with width over height. 12.5" wide tires rub (my 35x12.5's do) but 10.5" wide tires will clear.

I know the 80-86 trucks can fit larger tires because the wheel wells are larger, I think 33's are it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
the rub has more to do with width over height. 12.5" wide tires rub (my 35x12.5's do) but 10.5" wide tires will clear.

I know the 80-86 trucks can fit larger tires because the wheel wells are larger, I think 33's are it.
Has to do with width and offset/backspacing if using aftermarket wheels. I could see a narrow 10.5 33" tire not having rub issues with stock wheels, but it will still contact the front bumper under typical road driving type suspension flex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I will likely look into getting 31x10.5x15 tires for this summer and winter until I get a suspension system next year.

·
Registered
475 Posts
31s are the biggest without rubbing IMHO.

You might be able to do 35s if you only want to drive in a straight line. << don't do it

·
Registered
180 Posts
35-12.50-15's on stock wheels with an aftermarket front bumper- NO LIFT. Only rubs on radius arm. Will rub the fenders offroad, but I am adding a 2" lift and new bumpstops to put an end to that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can drive just fine around town, and mild wheeling. I honestly only rub the radius arm at full lock.

p.s. the dang plastic mounting tabs are all broken on the grill so it just kind of floats in there. LOL Been meaning to find a replacement, but I have bigger fish to fry!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think those 35's look too big for that kind of configuration. Not quite a look I want to go with but will look into the 31 or 32 inch tire options out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts