Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on lifters? I won’t be swapping my cam at this time and who knows how long the bottom end will last.

I know ideally cam and lifters at the same time but I’m thinking I might go ahead and drop in a nice new clean set of lifters. Or maybe better to just pull all mine apart and clean em?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,715 Posts
Ur just cruising right along with this... Excited to see your progress. When do u think you'll get to actually pulling the old motor?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Planning on tackling it this week while I’m on vacation. I’m going to hold off on the lower end for now. I really need to rehear and am looking at a 9” 3rd from JBG with a truetrac and rebuild kit and e-locker for the from from JBG both with 4.56 gears.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
New lifters on an old cam is fine. New cam with old lifters is a no-no. You will have to run through a break-in cycle with break in oil. I used joe gibbs BR40 in my 300.

I would consider getting new pushrods anyways, unless money is really tight. Jacob, at Smith Brothers Pushrods, owns a bronco and can get you what you need. I'm very pleased with the ones in my 300, 10.25" long, 3/8s diameter. My engine builder uses them exclusively, even in his own race engines.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It was -14 when I woke up this morning; heat in the garage or not that’s cold.

It’s supposed to be close to 40 tomorrow and over the next few days so it’s time to start turning wrenches!

Ahh Maine, we get climate change every day, what’s the big deal.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts