Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
447 Posts
fully agree, looks very good to me, nice wheels, the polished/chrome look fit perfectly to the green of the car.

now use them and go to 33 some day :)

How's the other things going? you got some sorted?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Lucky you. I got rid of a nice Jeep I had because the evaporator went and did not want to pull the dash apart
On these you can get to the evap from the firewall side, and quite easily at that.

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I plan on repairing the ignition next. Was going to tackle it later today, but the AC in my wife's Cherokee died. That'll be higher in priorities. Fuel injectors should be in today or tomorrow, so I will soon be very busy. Unfortunately, things will slow down. I had money budgeted for this project, when my uncle mentioned he wanted to sell a truck that had been in the family a long time. I always loved that truck, and wiped out all my savings to get it. So now I have a 1978 F100 short bed! I'm pretty stoked!

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
284 Posts
@Bikerdude Congrats! My trucks ign actuator is broken. Starts like your's.
It's an "anti-theft" device! I love reading new truck builds. Agree, hold on to that push bar...,or sell it to me☺

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
447 Posts
I would like to have a short bed as well, swap some nice diesel in and use this as Lorry truck when I need to transport stuff.

where are pictures of it?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hell Yeah !!!
what a great condition, nice green, really looks nice!
I can understand why you were chasing for this one.

a 78/79 Bronco can still be added some day, just take your time.

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
When I first started this thread, I wanted to title it "Unfu**ing this horse", but PO blues seemed more PC friendly. Still, the more I look, the more sketchy things I find. Today I began the unf**king of the ignition switch. It began easy enough after I disconnected the battery. I knew the horn worked, therefore, there was at least 12v there somewhere, even if the cruise control didn't work. Alas, I was greeted with evidence that the previous owner had been rooting around in there. https://flic.kr/p/2je6WuT Pretty sure the electrical tape wasn't factory authorized.

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I'm pulling on it, but it feels like I've got a big fish on the end of my line, and I can't get it in the boat. When I looked under the dash again, I found this:
https://flic.kr/p/2je5A55 Are you frikken kidding me?!?!
I hope I didn't unplug something essential. Who does that??

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Screw it. I'm done for the day. I don't think I'm at the point I can pull it all the way through, anyways
https://flic.kr/p/2je6VNT I've got to look at the other threads here to figure what else needs to come apart. Also need to figure why the tilt steering doesn't tilt.

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
557 Posts
Record wiring in connector, and remove big red piece in he middle. Pop wires out, feed through column, repin. Only way to do it , don't mess it up. I abhor broken keyboards.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
935 Posts
Yup. The gray plug needs to come off. I have the same plug. Take pix of both sides. Once you do that, you can cut the wires. It's easier to un pin the plug that way.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,875 Posts
We all share your dislike of PO goofiness. My worst was finding regular grade 5 bolts holding the flywheel to the crank. 🤯 Once I saw that, I realized that I needed to check every single thing in that whole truck. Good luck to you as you sort it out.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts