Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
447 Posts
take the red bar in the grey new plug out, but shoot some photos of the connector assignment, then you can get the cables through from top side of column

Did that twice as I first ordered the wrong switch. :)

Nice findings, comes close to what I saw, but my car is older, so the PO's had more time to mess with it :cool:

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
284 Posts
Previous owners eh?

Remember, some day the mod you thought was the bees knees....a future owner will cuss and swear while busting his/her knuckles mentioning YOU, the PO in an unflattering manner. Long live the PO!

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
Previous owners eh?

Remember, some day the mod you thought was the bees knees....a future owner will cuss and swear while busting his/her knuckles mentioning YOU, the PO in an unflattering manner. Long live the PO!

not mine. the only way i become the previous owner is if i die before the bronco.

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Joecruiser keeping it real! Unfortunately, in this case, there's obvious half baked, idiotic repairs, and there's doing it the right way. Plus my wife has adopted the Broncosaurus as hers, and it will never sell. I do feel sorry for whoever came across some of my first stereo installs in the early 80's. LOL

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
447 Posts
Previous owners eh?

Well... sure the PO's are not here and can not defend, but I don't care.

I found a lot of totally unsafe things, but sure I don't know what was done by PO and by seller, as this is 2 different persons in my case.
I am totally unhappy with the seller, as he clearly lied, the car never made the way on the trailoer on its own power, as
1. ignition was totally wrong
2. timing was totally off
3. a lot of fuel in oil, etc.

he sold it to me as perfectly rust free car, with some interior work but technically totally sound.
Brakes had to be done completly, 1 saddle had a baked caliper, rear brakes shot, hand brake shot, etc. etc.

for that what I bought expensive, I am not happy with the seller and if I would be in us, this would be a longer story.

but let us mess with the PO's :) I think most of us don't want to harm anybody.

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
mine is a 96 so it's different, but i believe that should have a loop on it, if that is the part that moves the dial in the gear selector.

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
mine is a 96 so it's different, but i believe that should have a loop on it, if that is the part that moves the dial in the gear selector.
Not much difference in ours there, my friend. Other than the fact that mine is missing.

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I followed the link to Bronco Boys write up. It was pretty good. He left out little rid bits here and there, but it's hard to document these things. I learned that reassembly of the tilt was a butt pain. I ended up using big pliers
https://flic.kr/p/2jeMQzw Putting the spring back in took some work and cussing. But it's back together and it starts from the key like normal!! Plus the turn signals work! Even the tilt steering works now! Unfortunately, the back window switch didn't fix itself, so I'll have to figure that out sooner or later.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,037 Posts
Back window and switch are a whole other deal. Enjoy your triumph over the dreaded steering column.
You'll be back there when the pot-metal lever breaks... some day.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
totally true, I am not totally familiar (still not) with Bronco tailgate window electrics, but usually its nothing in the column.

should be the switch left to steering wheel, a relay and cables under the car going to tailgate.

lets see your problem there, but first being happy for the success of a PITA job done!!

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Funny story: my wife was driving the Broncosaurus and called me on the new hands free Bluetooth stereo, in a slight panic. She said she was experiencing a knocking sound, and it was shaking. She was afraid something was going to fall out. I asked her about the oil pressure. She asked where the oil pressure gauge was, and I responded that it was only lower right hand corner of the dash. She then told me that it was on zero, it was empty, and then, naturally, I began to panic. Did I check the oil? I have noticed any leaks. There are no stains on my driveway. It always have good oil pressure when I was driving it. But I instructed her to pull over and I rushed to her aid. I asked her again about her experience, getting her to detail everything for me so I could properly diagnose what was wrong, and ask her about the fuel pressure gauge. She quickly pointed to the gauge that said empty mounted underneath the dash. It was an aftermarket fuel gauge that the previous owner had started to install but never finished, because the fuel pump went out oh, and when they were placed it, they discovered that the fuel gauge started working again.... Whew! The Bronco has great oil pressure and it runs rough because the fuel injectors (I suspect are clogged) make it run rough sometimes. Latest to say, I began working on the injectors today oh, and I have removed the stupid aftermarket fuel gauge!
https://flic.kr/p/2jghBWm

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
does look strange, but not as if this is oem wires.
looks more like he tried to imply what ever functuion with the cable holding the box together?
not really sure... but I guess you can remove it.

·
Registered
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.0
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So the thing in the red circle is just a breather??? Wow. Everything else has a home, including the brake booster hose. I thought for sure someone just stuck a bolt in there to plug a vacuum leak.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,037 Posts
can't remember exactly... didn't one from the tree come around from the PCV valve and one off the tree to the brake boost, that were later swapped in a ford bulletin? @miesk5 would have the details, in triplicate.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts