ARB
5.13s
Cage Arms
6" super flexes
1 ton chevy tre's
Custom Tranny x-member, upper/lower trackbar mount
Hydro Assit when i get more cash

Rear
89 Sterling 10.25 converted to long pinion.
ARB
5.13s
AAL
Sky Flip

heres the meat, stripped, cleaned and painted except the tubes

Parts, rebuilt my calipers, sand blasted, and painted all my parts

35 Spline Outers + new u-joints :rockon

Upper Coil buckets/ retainers, lower coil cups, radius arm cups, sky shackle flip brackts.

Lower Track Bar mount, going to add gussets to the back side and inner side.

Tranny Cross member

Thats all for tonight, im going to try to finsh the x-member tomorrow
:beer

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will follow this build. I want to do the exact thing to my F150.

Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
1-tons, 35 spline outers, ARBs, Cage arms, 5.13...I'm seeing lots of $$$ flashing before my eyes. Money well spent, though. I'm sure you're gonna be pumped when it's all done. What's the plan for tires and wheels?

·
Registered
369 Posts
1-tons, 35 spline outers, ARBs, Cage arms, 5.13...I'm seeing lots of $$$ flashing before my eyes. Money well spent, though. I'm sure you're gonna be pumped when it's all done. What's the plan for tires and wheels?
:stupid

Good choices in my humble opinion.

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will follow this build. I want to do the exact thing to my F150.

Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress.
will do thanks :beer

probably going to run some cheap 38s and some stealies off craigslist uptill aprill when the 40" LTBs come out then ill upgrade to some beadlocks. o and ya im really pumped :rockon

is that added little bracket on the axle trackbar mount going to be for the hydro assist then?
you got it. im going to wait untill i have more cash to accually get hydro, but i thought i might aswell set it up now

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
you got it. im going to wait untill i have more cash to accually get hydro, but i thought i might aswell set it up now

you'd better wait to burn it on then. There isnt much clearence when at full lock on my 90 KP, not sure if the 78/9 axles have longer steering arms or not, but the tie rod pivots in and out. Its out furthers at center, and closest at either full lock. The other issue then becomes that the rams are 8" stroke, which means the mounting bracket on the tierod will end up about at the diff, which will leave very little room.

if the track bar mount was going to be more on top of the tube, it would work better, but it appears you are going to put it forward????

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you'd better wait to burn it on then. There isnt much clearence when at full lock on my 90 KP, not sure if the 78/9 axles have longer steering arms or not, but the tie rod pivots in and out. Its out furthers at center, and closest at either full lock. The other issue then becomes that the rams are 8" stroke, which means the mounting bracket on the tierod will end up about at the diff, which will leave very little room.

if the track bar mount was going to be more on top of the tube, it would work better, but it appears you are going to put it forward????
good point man heres some clearance pics. i think im going to have to move it more towards the top like you said. or just scrap my hydro untill later.

no thats not my real tie rod...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Looking good. What R arms you gonna run.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Looking good. What R arms you gonna run.
Look more closely...
Well heres the plan:

Front
78 Dana 60 front
35 spline outer/innners
Warn Premiums
ARB
5.13s
Cage Arms
6" super flexes
1 ton chevy tre's
Custom Tranny x-member, upper/lower trackbar mount
Hydro Assit when i get more cash

·
BeastfaB
1,114 Posts
Looks great man!

I would have liked 5.13's or 5.38's too but my C6 already has me running at 2900 rpm's at 60 mph with my 4.88's. I would wait on the ram mount. I finally have mine where I want them to be on the third try. You need to have all the parts ready to check for clearances before you get ahead of yourself.

I'm sure i'll see this in person sometime soon at a meet. Good luck. :beer

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great man!

I would have liked 5.13's or 5.38's too but my C6 already has me running at 2900 rpm's at 60 mph with my 4.88's. I would wait on the ram mount. I finally have mine where I want them to be on the third try. You need to have all the parts ready to check for clearances before you get ahead of yourself.

I'm sure i'll see this in person sometime soon at a meet. Good luck. :beer
thanks man
yup i decided to scrap the ram for now. im going to grind it of tonight.

and yes we need to have a meet and great cause i wanna see yours too :toothless

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
will do thanks :beer

probably going to run some cheap 38s and some stealies off craigslist uptill aprill when the 40" LTBs come out then ill upgrade to some beadlocks. o and ya im really pumped :rockon...
I've got them cheap 38's on craigslist, I'm in Milwaukie. PM me if you want em.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts