Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so lets hear the stories of how you avoided being trampled to death. here is mine.
me and my girl decide to take the three hour trip to sryacuse to shop at best buys on black friday. we leave at midnight to arrive at 3am and stand in line. we had the crazy idea that this would be fun and funny just to see how the crowd acted when asked to wait three hours for the store to open.well things were amussing at first waiting outside the mall jockeying for position listing to the complaints and plans of those around you. but things got ugly
around 4:30 when the indians showed up. not native americans but those from india. i must say i have never encountered a group with less regard for other human beings.please dont think iam one who hates others based on thier color or culture. i do not . it is just the facts of how they behaved this morning. what they did was jump in line where ever the wanted pushed others out of thier way when the door to the mall opened ran past all those who were ahead of them as soon as the door to the mall opened and just generally caused disorder and mayhem to the whole crowd.it was so unrulely that the employees of best buy had to threaten to call the cops to get control of the mob.when the best buy employees would tell the crowd to back up. all of us did except the indians they pushed forward to try and get ahead of others. the best buy employees saw this and told them they would not get tickets for the items they wanted until everyone else(all six hundred) got thiers. iam shure you can picture what this scene was like. i have never encountered anything like it. it was as though the world was going to end and everyone was racing for the last space ship off the planet. cant wait to do it next year

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
wow that sounds crazy. the closest ive ever gotten to that is almost having my feet run over a couple of times at auto bell while vacumming. lol an approching tire on your shoes wakes you up fast. wish i had a better story like yours but also n00b question:whats black friday? :shrug

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
black friday is the day after thanksgiving so called because more shopping is done on that day than any other day in the year. every store is running a sale that offers the best prices of the year.things can be very cheap that day so long lines form at stores with everyone hoping to buy a reduced price item before the store runs out of the item. for example we bought two computers with monitors for approxamitly 350 each but we had to be within the first 100 to arrive to get the chance to buy them

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Well I sell cell phones inside of k-mart and I get a pay plus commision so i was hopeing for a busy and productive day. Well lets just say in never happend. When I got to k-mart the parking lot was about empty, everyone was across the street at target or the walmart down the street. So me and my other coworker go across the street to get some chinese food at 11:30. We come back and it starts to get busy so we were like cool. We both each got a phone out but then, the fire department rolls up and the siren's in the building go of and we have to evacuate the building:banghead. Well me and my coworker had nothing better due do so we went to big lots to look around and then we went to radioshack.. At radioshack he bought one of those import radio control cars that you can modify(very cool little suckers to)and it cost him like 50 bucks. Anyway we get back over to k-mart and we were still not allowed in the building so we decide to play with the little car. Well he stop the car for a min to talk to someone and it was right next to the curb and this dumb ass lady in her BMW comes along in the direction of the car. WEveryone sees this and yells at the lady to stop and she pays no attention to them. My coworker tries to get the car to move but it doesn't and then in slowmotion the car gets ran over, then the lday reverse's and run's pver in again. Next thing ya know she parks her car and comes over to talk to us and said she thought it was a turtle. Anyway to goahead and wrap this up, The lady never offer to help pay for it or anything. So after that we were allowed back in the building and we never sold anything else:cry

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
soaker2000 said:
so lets hear the stories of how you avoided being trampled to death.
I stayed at home ALL day, they could have been offering big screen tv's for a $1 and i wouldnt have went out in that mess for nothing, i would end up :twak somewone on the head and going to jail :toothless

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it truely was dangerous. tempers are short and frustration runs high. its hard to believe that humans can act this way

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
wow broncomx that sucks for your friend atleast he got a good deal on it. what got me was that the lady said she thought it was a turtle yet...still didnt stop? lol wtf. anyways atleast you didnt have to listen to that christmas music all day at work ;) :thumbup
and thanks for explaining that to me soaker ;) :thumbup

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
I swear I have already heard "don't go telling on the mountain" 5 times already and I have been here an hour yet.

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
fawk that. No way would I go to a store on black friday. I perfer xmas eve. :toothless

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
soaker2000 - would have been nice to hear that someone got sick of their shit and beat them down :mad:

Broncomx - I would have enjoyed that bitch catching 5 in the teeth too :toothless

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tell me about it I work at best buy. It was crazy we had two fist fights and we had to call the cops on one lady that refused to leave. She was screaming and shouting because we sold out of a computer she wanted.

·
Registered
267 Posts
6AM I was at Sears, 6:15AM I was at home quite happy as the proud new owner of a decent socket set, much better than the last one I had. I didn't go out the rest of the day, too scared.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts