Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
78 BRONCO RANGER XLT -351M-C6-NP203 TO 205 SWAP -9IN 3.50 REAR
Discussion Starter #1
To those owners of the BLACKOUT grill--Just when we hope that new parts will arrive for the 2nd generation-they take em away!-The 78 79 are neglected again 馃槬
No longer available from LMC is the blackout center grill which was OEM on my 78 Ranger XLT-Why???
If I knew this was gonna happen-I would of bought 2->>the silver/Argent or Chrome is just not for me.
**if anyone knows of a paint that works great-let us know

Registered
SEM plastic paint and adhesive promoter works great on the Argent but not the chrome one. Takes extra prep to get the chrome plastic scuffed enough to get the paint to adhere to it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
SEM plastic paint and adhesive promoter works great on the Argent but not the chrome one. Takes extra prep to get the chrome plastic scuffed enough to get the paint to adhere to it.
Thanks Hillbilly-maybe we can start our own line of Black replacement grills lol!!;)
Hopefully this thread will get more suggestions and tips for those looking for the blackout look!(y)(y)

Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 12V P-Pump Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 Front, Sterling 10.25 Rear
Damn I鈥檝e held off on buying one since I thought I could!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 12V P-Pump Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 Front, Sterling 10.25 Rear

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect let me know what you use
-oh and BTW-are these temporary? or new product??

Registered
There is hope for us!!! Found a plain virgin uncoated unpaint grill insert. Perfect for using SEM products on.

Got Treed but the actual source is Dennis Carpenter, so order from them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
There is hope for us!!! Found a plain virgin uncoated unpaint grill insert. Perfect for using SEM products on.

Got Treed but the actual source is Dennis Carpenter, so order from them.
Perfect-hopefully it'll be around for awhile!!
-now what paint is gonna stick??-I've got one vote for SEM PLASTIC paint (y)
anybody else??-maybe a high heat paint?-because of its location??...............

Registered
Perfect-hopefully it'll be around for awhile!!
-now what paint is gonna stick??-I've got one vote for SEM PLASTIC paint (y)
anybody else??-maybe a high heat paint?-because of its location??...............
You can paint over the SEM paint with whatever you wish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts