Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize I may be considered old in some of these threads, but I still cannot understand the apparent obsession with black wheels on our trucks. WHY would anyone want black wheels? Don't tell me they look "cool", and don't give me that bs about it being "trendy," because if you were being trendy you wouldn't have a beast of a vehicle that only gets 12 mpg. So, what s the real thought process behind black wheels? :whiteflag

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
I realize I may be considered old in some of these threads, but I still cannot understand the apparent obsession with black wheels on our trucks. WHY would anyone want black wheels? Don't tell me they look "cool", and don't give me that bs about it being "trendy," because if you were being trendy you wouldn't have a beast of a vehicle that only gets 12 mpg. So, what s the real thought process behind black wheels? :whiteflag
Different strokes for different folks. Just because some old fart doesn't think they look good, doesn't mean they don't. I'm an old fart and I like them on some rigs depending on other mods on that particular rig.

·
Bronco Snob
2,306 Posts
Naw, I wouldn't say that attitude makes you old, obtuse ...maybe.:rolleyes: Why would anyone want black wheels?.as with many mods and upgrades there are personal and practical reasons. For me..personally, I like the look..it goes well with the style I'm going for on my Bronco. I like the fact that there is no glare. Practically, it can be cheaper. It's easier maintenance than chrome or aluminum. As far as being trendy, though it is popular now, many military and fleet vehicles over the last 100 years have had monochrome wheel paint schemes. As far as not looking cool..that's just personal preference, and an unfair statement...look back at the 'pics of black wheels' thread then honestly say none of those Broncos look cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I first enjoyed the look of the stock aluminum 15' wheels some broncos come with. After painting my horse to sorta mint/gray color (you see it on some of the lil' fiats out there) it needed some black trim to make it "LOOK" bad ass. While I was at it, I spent a whole lota money swapping my rear diff to a 9" inch, re-gearing front and back, spool..all so I could run 35's on black wheels...wee!!
I've heard from a few sources...we cant take it with us when we are gone...Enjoy!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Never been a huge fan of black wheels, but I'm plastidipping my old aluminum buzz saws before winter. Gonna do that Blaze Blue bolt ring accent on the inside too:thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,658 Posts
If we were all the same... how boring life would be.

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hmm...I dunno why guys would think black wheels are cool? Let's ask Batman....

He says black is the new chrome... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts