Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Company is replacing all our managers phones with blackberrys, curious to see if any of you have any experience with the blackberry. They have yet to activate the phone but with just adding a 2g memory card makes this phone friggin amazing....

its a
Mp3 player
organizer
web browser
gps with street by street directions
phone (2mg)

and I can plug it in to my lap top and use it as a wireless modem...

:chili::chili::chili::chili:

sorry for the long post...just excited to finally get a phone that isnt just the cheapy promos that they give a way....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Nice. I am wanting to get me a phone thats internet capable being that I work outdoors and have no access to a computer.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Now you've been trapped by smart phones. I've got a Treo 755 and don't think I could ever go back to a normal cell phone.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
I've used a BB for several years now, I love it. I store all my bronco specs and axle codes in it. And now the 8310 has a camera built in so I can take pics at the junkyard and mail them at the same time. I can even access FSB.Com from it!!!

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used a BB for several years now, I love it. I store all my bronco specs and axle codes in it. And now the 8310 has a camera built in so I can take pics at the junkyard and mail them at the same time. I can even access FSB.Com from it!!!
:chili::chili::chili: same thing I was thinking

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
sorry to rain on your parade, but i really dislike blackberrys. they suck as phones. and they are way bigger than a normal cell, which gets annoying real fast. my friend has to carry one for work, and he carries a separate cell phone because the blackberry is so annoying to make calls from. he hates it. i laugh at him everytime he takes it out.

my cell phone, at 1/3 the size, with a full qwerty keyboard, does 90% of what a blackberry does, including internet access, use as a modem, and the gps thing. i can't use it as a pda, but i'm fine with that.

but have fun with it if you think it's cool :beer

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Tim
I've got one too. I love it. Like Boss said I can store all my info in it and it's right there when ever I need it. I have the older version but a friend has a newer one and loves his has no problems at all. They are a little more fragile than some of the phones I have had in the past.

Jackhart is right they do take some time to get used to due to the size of them. But once you get used to it and how it functions you will never go back to a regular phone.

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry to rain on your parade, but i really dislike blackberrys. they suck as phones. and they are way bigger than a normal cell, which gets annoying real fast. my friend has to carry one for work, and he carries a separate cell phone because the blackberry is so annoying to make calls from. he hates it. i laugh at him everytime he takes it out.

my cell phone, at 1/3 the size, with a full qwerty keyboard, does 90% of what a blackberry does, including internet access, use as a modem, and the gps thing. i can't use it as a pda, but i'm fine with that.

1. the new model I have is about 1 in bigger the phone I carry now...(they have really downsized these)
2. I dont have to pay for any of it...
3. I will be running a wireless headseat.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
you mean you're going to wear one of those uber ghey bluetooth clip on things around your ear? :rofl::goodfinge

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have a Treo and have grown to like it...although it does mean that the work day never really ends....

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you mean you're going to wear one of those uber ghey bluetooth clip on things around your ear? :rofl::goodfinge
gonna have to in Cali here pretty soon...as of July it will be illegal to use a cell phone in your car without some type of handsfree set up....

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
gonna have to in Cali here pretty soon...as of July it will be illegal to use a cell phone in your car without some type of handsfree set up....
we have had that law here in NY for about 5 years now. there's a little device called a "speakerphone" i use that works wonders, and you don't bring the ghey using it either :thumbup

seriously, when the law first came out here, everyone was walking around with those stupid earbuds. now no one who has any self respect uses them anymore. people will actually laugh out loud at you if you are walking around with one. ditto for the ones oakley makes with the sunglasses.

i have a bluetooth system built into my tahoe, there is a tiny mic imbedded in the headliner that picks up your voice, and you hear the call over the stereo speakers. works the best imo. in my jeep i just use the speakerphone. although once i did get pulled over by a cop in nyc, who claimed that since i was technically holding the phone with one hand while i was talking into the speakerphone, i wasn't driving "hands free." didn't get a ticket, but only because i had a pba card.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts

Never had a problem with the cell on the BB and the 8310 is a lot smaller than the earlier blackberries. Some of us need the blackberries because it’s the only thing that works on our enterprise exchange mail servers. If I was to buy anything for my own use it would be the iPhone.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
who gives 2 sh!ts what other people think when you are talking on the phone. and being on the other end of a call with someone on speakerphone can really suck due to all of the ambient noise they bring to the bridgeline.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
who gives 2 sh!ts what other people think when you are talking on the phone. and being on the other end of a call with someone on speakerphone can really suck due to all of the ambient noise they bring to the bridgeline.
LOL, yeah I hate speakerphones.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
If I recall, Tim, you can even dictate emails to that Blackberry. Or maybe it's the Pearl..

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
you clowns are so used to your way oversized blackberrys, you wouldn't even know you were on speakerphone if i called you from my cell. there is no "ambient noise," they fixed that with something called technology about, oh, 5 years ago. :doh0715:

but stick to your 1997 sized phones and think you are uber cool with your ghey earpieces. i, along with millions of others, will still laugh out loud at your "new" discovery.:goodfinge

1 - 20 of 76 Posts