Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prolly goona get flamed here, and yes I searched. Why isn't there any aftermarket column dress up kits for Fords? You see the shift lever arms, turn signal levers for chebbees, but nothing for Ford? I'd just like a different look, preferably black or billet aluminum on my 85 with tilt column. Maybe for the wiper and headlight knob as well. Anybody have any links? I've looked at a lot of billet olaces.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The answer is simple...no market for it. Ask yourself this, how many people out there are wanting to add billet accessories to an 85 model Bronco?

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Small pic, but its all I got at the moment:

Radio Shack knobs that I got for a guitar, but had extras. And an early Mustang-style Grant steering wheel in my '89.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I realize the market for the 85 Bronco thing is small, but there are no available column shift arms for Mustangs or F150s or anything else Ford for that matter. There is a tilt column lever and some end of arm covers you can slip on the stock turn signal arm for a few select years ( not 85 ) and that is pretty much it. I just figured that since you can pretty much build a billet aluminum Mustang interior ( except for column dress up parts ) that there would be somebody somewhere making something. Looks like it's time to get creative once again. Thanks for the ideas CK.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Since you mention the tilt lever, mine originally had a black one and I got the chrome one from a van if I remember right. Just the little stuff. ;)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Not sure by your post but you are aware that the late model mustangs that you found the billet parts for all had console shifters right? Hence no column shifter bling for em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts