Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blinkers dont work.:cry Nither do my Hazard lights.:cry Since they go through the same blinker relay thing in the fuse box, I thought it was that. But I put a new one in today and still nothing.:banghead No click no lights no nothing. I checked all the fuses in my fuse box and they are all good. I checked all my bulbs and they all look good, and the parking lights and break lights work.:wacko I figure it might be a turn signal switch, but would that affect my hazard lights too? And besides I would rather not tear down my stearing column again if I can help it. :duh Anyone know of anything else it could be, something maybe Broncos are natorious for or something? Help I need to get this thing street legal so I can register it.:whiteflag

Thanks, in advance.:rockon

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
Probably just a loose connection somewhere... I'd crawl under the dash and make sure all wire plugs are connected. That solved quite a few of the problems on my 81.. I've struggled with it all from the signals to brake lights to headlights to auxillary heater. Still no dashboard lights though.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
maybe the flasher?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve83 said:
No, they don't.
Yeah I found that out a little after I posted.:twak

Steve83 said:
Another example of "throwing part$ at a problem", and how ineffective it can be. :shrug
Ok, so it cost me $3.00 oooh big whoop. I am pretty sure it need a new on anyway.:wacko

Steve83 said:
Yes, it can. Good thinking - now get the Haynes diagrams, a 12V test light or multimeter, and DIAGNOSE it.
I am working on DIAGNOSING it, that is why I posted this. Just hoping to get a little advice from some people that have experience with broncos:whiteflag

Steve83 said:
On pre-'92s, they're notorious for having been hacked by ALL of the previous owners, and for having rat's nests of wiring under the dash.
Yes I noticed this, and am working on fixing it. However I have yet to find anything that would affect the blinkers and hazard lights.:toothless

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
daverbmxer said:
Probably just a loose connection somewhere... I'd crawl under the dash and make sure all wire plugs are connected. That solved quite a few of the problems on my 81.. I've struggled with it all from the signals to brake lights to headlights to auxillary heater. Still no dashboard lights though.
Thank you for the tip. I have done some some cleaning up under the dash, and will do that next time I get a chance to get under there again.:thumbup

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just refill and make sure you keep your blinker fluid full. :histerica :histerica

Just kidding, couldn't resist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts