Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, had to replace the connecting rod that goes from the Key-Cylinder down to the ignition switch assembly. got all of that done with no problem. Was re-installing the ignition switch itself when i had a problem. I got the switch back in place and when I reconneced the battery my friend said he heard a pop and that he seen a white flash come from under the driver-side dash area. I quickly removed the battery terminal and investigated. I accidently got the shaft in the wrong hole and it shorted 3 contacts together. I repositioned the shaft to its proper location and hooked the battery bacup. No pop or flash this time. BUT now when you turn the kay you get absolutely nothing. No lights on the dash, no accessory, no radio, no fuel pump. I thought i blew the ignition switch up so i rplaced it. No solution.

I did more digging and found a fusable link attatched to the Bat+ side of the starter sullinoid. Theres actually 3 mains that split into about 7-9 other wires. I found one link to be melted. I want to replace this link with an actual fuseholder but I dont know what the amperage rating is. Does someone know right off the top of their heads what the AMP rating is and which wire it mght actually be??

:whiteflag:whiteflag:whiteflag:whiteflag:whiteflag

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok removed the border...

I have already removed the short. The haynes doesnt have anything to say about this fusable link. The only mention i can find of it is from the electrical diagrams in the back of the book

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its blue... but I prefer chilton's if only I could find mine >.< !!! the haynes i have is my aunts.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Isn't the mpls(sp?) a nss? If so, could that be the problem? (Quick give away is if you have no backup lights ;) )

So does it crank I guess is my question in a around about way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts