Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Just wondering what the going rate is to have the heads checked and milled?

Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
29,855 Posts
I’m trying to identify an ignition problem on a 96 Bronco. It starts running rough between 1400-2k rpm’s then goes away a bit. Thinking it’s a misfire. On my 5.4 I could access the Mode 6 data from my OBD Fusion app and it would tell me what cylinders were misfiring but I think this one is too old and snaptube vidmate doesn’t have that option.
Yo d,
Anther perp is oxidized fuel often turns darker over time and may even smell sour. You can check stored gasoline by pouring some into a clear glass container and comparing it side-by-side with known fresh gasoline. If your old sample looks noticeably darker than the fresh gas, you have strong evidence the gas has gone ba

For PID INFO see my post #2 @

A P0300 diagnostic code indicates a random or multiple misfire. If the last digit is a number other than zero, it corresponds to the cylinder number that is misfiring. A P0302 code, for example, would tell you cylinder number two is misfiring. Unfortunately, a P0300 doesn't tell you specifically which cylinder(s) is/are mis-firing, nor why.
Symptoms may include:
the engine may be harder to start
the engine may stumble / stumble, and/or hesitate
other symptoms may also be present
Causes; A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Faulty spark plugs or wires check each wire for connection integrity first. Ensure that routing is ok;
Look at that VECI Label on top of radiator; look at the spark plug wire routing diagram carefully.

Test coil before pulling plugs to inspect; see Part 1 -Ignition Coil Test -No Spark No Start Tests (Ford 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.8L)

Re-gap Motorcraft ASF-42P Spark Plugs to .052 - .056 & see http://www.aa1car.com/library/reading_spark_plugs.jpg & could try sixlitre's sixlitre tuneup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts