Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running those blue Goodyear coolant hoses on their bronco? I cant seem to find them at all for my truck which is an 86 or for any bronco at all. I tried the search and nothing came up.

Thanks
Kyle

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
I am, in an '89 on a 351.

I believe the set for our trucks was discontinued several years ago. You might find something on eBay. There are other sets that are close, but you'd have to piece together a set and that would be pricey.

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
Well, I thought they were. Took some manipulation, but this is the closest set I could find. IIRC, this was the set I used.

EDIT: This IS the set I used. Some minor trimming was required. If you pull the trigger, there are extra hoses, don't throw any of them out. I have found great uses for the extras.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gtr-5003

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's a steep price tag on those. They really worth the premium? Never used anything but standard hoses myself but always looking for better stuff.

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine. I had to buy a second set because I screwed up the 1st upper radiator hose.

What I've enjoyed is having all the leftover 5/8" radiator hose. It allowed me to refit another vehicle that has an optional radiator that had nasty hoses.

Mine have been on over 7 years.

·
Premium Member
9,998 Posts
Well $120.00 isn't too bad but I've read here they're really excellent guality so if you like them, have at it and enjoy!

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
Like this:

The upper radiator hose gets a little flimsy when it gets hot. I suppose if you twist it perfectly, it will stay up. The tie wrap keeps it up in case I lean on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks as always fellas for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts