Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving a 89 fsb with a 4.9. truck runs good for the most part has the typical 20 year old issues. It sit on 33's and has been hieghtened 4". I have recently aquired a knock in the front end of the motor. up around the pulleys. I can't figure out what it is thought it was the idler/ tensioner pulley. Which was bad and I replaced it. The knock is still there. it is a pretty heavy knock. but doesn't change pitch like a rod or lifter. I did a egine knock search and didn't find what I was looking for. I was just looking for a suggestion on where to start or if anybody had this issue too.

I love my bronco and hate driving anything else in fact i would rather drive it than my 2004 explorer. In fact I can't wait till spring so I can go topless. But lately it has been having all kinds of issues. I am not rich but have been able to keep up with most things. I don't want to sell it but if it keeps costing me money like it has my wife may say it needs to go. I did this before and regretted it until I got my bronco. I just hate spending hundreds every month to keep her on the road. right now it is my only ride and I am questioning the reliablity. I guess what I am saying is does everyone else have this issue. I mean I have more into it at htis point than it is worth. but don't have the money to rebuild the motor or replace a t case. if something like that goes.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Why have you started 2 threads?

Could we have a merge maybe mods?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts