Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
But what does mine say?
916 Posts
Actually, both of the broncos that I have had, had the can looking exactly like a coffee can. Do some not look like that?

·
Hmmm....
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Zach94 said:
What kind of trans is it. Aod's used TV rods/cables. C6's used either a kickdown rod and/or a vacuum modulator. When you opened the choke plate that should not have affected your throttle linkage, if it did you should have noticed it idling higher. Also, if you manually opened your choke, is that picture as far open as you have it, or does the electric choke work now.

I would not mess with the TV cable, if that is what is wrong, it is off because the throttle moved and that should be fixed. Driving with a TV out of adjustment can fry your AOD
Its a C6 tranny, the choke plate sits like it does in the picture normally, should it sit another way? and i do believe the electric choke works, when its cold it idles high til it warms up, i guess thats it working.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,729 Posts
Well just start it cold with the air cleaner off and observe the choke. It should slowly open as it warms up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.