Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 Bronco that I tow my travel trailer with. I also have an aluminum boat for fishing the small mountain lakes in AZ. In a couple of weeks we are headed on a camping trip to one of these lakes and I would like to take both.

I have a gutter mount rack that worked very well on my Scout II, but obviously will only work 1/2 as well on the Bronco. I will use the gutter mount on the front but do not want to drill into the fiberglass top for a rack on the rear.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas that worked for you? My receiver hitch is the universal type so it has holes for bolts (won't affect the hitch, once it is mounted the bolts simply keep the hitch from sliding side to side. I'm thinking about notching and mounting a 2x3 square tubing to the hitch that will extend out to the sides, then run a tube up and 3/4" pipe across.

Just looking for current or new ideas.

Thanks. ..
Shane. . .

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ages ago I found someones site where they'd bolted fake gutter pieces to the top. You can buy the fake gutter pieces from roofrack places. They are about 6 inches long. Then you mount a regular guttergrip rack to them.

Oops sorry I didn't see this
but do not want to drill into the fiberglass top for a rack on the rear.
Can you put the boat on the travel trailer?

IIRC davids78bronco had an idea for a rack that mounted between the top and the body. Hopefully he'll see this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts