Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the part numbers for the prothane or energy suspension body mount and hardware kits?

What 2" or 3" body lift kits come with bumper relocation brackets other than Performance Accessories? Any come with other things like steering extension, etc?

thanks

·
not banned
5,979 Posts
i'm doing mine presently.
i'll see if i can take a picture of the bushings box.
if you want to wait until i am done, you can have my 3" body lift pucks---i'm going to 1" pucks.

I don't know of any kits that inculde the steering/ tranny/ fuel tank/ bumper changes that may be needed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes a pic would be great. When do u think youll be done? I need to get this thing fixed asap. Probably shouldnt be driving it

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
i won't be done for at least another 6w.
i only get suffecient time on occasional firday nights.
:{
do u guys have the body off? I need to get new body mounts but just stock height... mine are toast but ive hear war stories on how shitty it can be doing them, body on.

·
not banned
5,979 Posts
yep, body is on.
not that bad really, just get a good sawzall bimetallic blade and be patient.
averaging about 30min per body bushing I'd guess. once the bushing is cut in half, you can push the oblt up and pull the body lift with no worries.

the trouble can be, on mine 2 thus far, rust had pitted the frame, where the bushing sits.

i made up some 1/8" plate to go there. JBG sells "frame Saver" pieces, IIRC, which would work in a similar manner, I suspet.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks. Im still searching around for the right part # for the energy suspension body mount and hardware kits

·
not banned
5,979 Posts
Energy suspension: #4-4109 is what i am using.
its worked for the driver's side, and I think it will work for the Passenger's side.

its just the bushings though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks that what ive found too. Ill prob use the new body lift hardware for the bushings. Heres a dumb question. Is the gas tank mounted to the frame or body? If its on the frame wouldnt the filler need to be extended with a body lift? Installing a thermostat in my house and wont get out to my truck today. Thank you

·
not banned
5,979 Posts
gas tank is attached to the frame.
yes an extender may be needed. also, steering shaft, shift linkage, possibly brake lines, possibly some electrical aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm i wonder if an extension would be needed for a 2" bl? Ive been reading a lot on here about bl's and didnt hear many people talk about extending the gas filler as much as they did about the steering and bumpers. The kit comes with both of those and my brake lines have been extended by whoever did the 6" suspension lift and it looks like the radiator or fan shroud was hacked off. So i think everything is accounted for except the gas filler and maybe shift linkage. Im close to saying screw it and not adding the body lift but im having all the body mount bushings replaced so nows the time.

·
not banned
5,979 Posts
great idea.
i was never that happy with my 3" BL. I am going with 1" and new bushings.

BTW, i wasn't all that clear. it's not the end of the brake lines, its the proximal hard piping.

I don't think mine has a gas tank extension tube (I didn't install my BL--a friend's shop did). But I'll tell you what. whatever you do, pay attention to the shift linkage. I almost lost my BKO and wifey's minivan, when mine changed gears on me <= wrong shift linkage alignment/ calibration.

also, the bumpers might need relocating.

·
not banned
5,979 Posts
yep.
its adjustable.
the Hanes describes how to do it. basically loosend the linkage, put it in drive both on the tranny and the gear selector, then tighten up the linkage.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thx. Ive only been a bronco owner for 6 months or so, im learning. Gotta get some more Hanes reading in

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
yep, body is on.
not that bad really, just get a good sawzall bimetallic blade and be patient.
averaging about 30min per body bushing I'd guess. once the bushing is cut in half, you can push the oblt up and pull the body lift with no worries.
I had the body off and spent about two hours of cussin on one mount up by the rad. I can't remember the issue, but I had bout every tool I owned on that biatch.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 33 Posts