Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I have a '94 bronco xlt and the suspension system is all stock and its time for an upgrade. The majority of what I do is driving on the sand so I don't need to go over the top with this, but I don't want to buy garbage. I'm thinking about doing a a 3" or 4" body lift and putting on 33's but will a 20 year old suspension give me issues?

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Alot of people will say a body lift is junk, but if it's done right, you shouldn't have any problems. If you just want a body lift, I wouldn't go any more than 3". In fact thats the highest body lift you can 'buy'. I would just go through all the bushings, hardware and shocks and make sure everything is tight. If you're all good there, you shouldn't have any issues with your suspension. If you want to spend a little extra, a 4" suspension lift on 33's would look good. Again though I would replace all your bushings if you go that route.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
I like a combination of mild SL and BL for the "best" lift. It give you the best features of both without hitting the extremes. I would suggest 2" leveling springs for the front combined with a 2" body lift. This lets you get ~4 of total lift with doing no or very minor other mods (brake lines, steering, tranny linkage, radiator shroud, etc.) It minimizes the snowball effect! As for the rear, if you're on a budget 2" blocks will work or save up for some new leaf's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i did go with the 3" body lift wouold I be best off replacing the shocks and bushings while im at it?

·
Registered
518 Posts
One problem with some body lifts is things pop up like too short shifter linkage,And the bumpers hang lower then the body leaving a nice gap.Some trucks you can get brackets to raise the bumpers back up.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
One problem with some body lifts is things pop up like too short shifter linkage,And the bumpers hang lower then the body leaving a nice gap.Some trucks you can get brackets to raise the bumpers back up.
People who install body lifts and do not raise there bumpers should have there vehicles taken away and there license revoked.

Do it right of don't do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts