Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
You would have to get a longer filler hose, most kits come with them or some sort of extension you have to spice in.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Sometimes the original hose will work. If not, just get a length of fuel filler hose long enoufgh to fit and put it in place. It looks just like a radiator hose but made for fuel.

·
Registered
203 Posts
ive done 3" body lifts on 78, 79, 85 and 93 year models and havent had to change any of the gas filler tubes. they pull tight but have never had a problem with any of them. if you have any questions on your body lift hit me up. (904)424-7208

later
Don

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Don I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably be getting a lift in a week or two. I'm just trying to figure out what I want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought my truck with one on it(not knowing better) the only thing I dont like is that it leaves some nasty gaps you need to fix with either gap guards and new brackets. Depending on what your price range is and what size tire you are wanting to run I would either get a 4" or a 6" rough country lift with some new spring out back instead of blocks. Im putting a 4 on mine here in the next week or so.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my truck with one on it(not knowing better) the only thing I dont like is that it leaves some nasty gaps you need to fix with either gap guards and new brackets. Depending on what your price range is and what size tire you are wanting to run I would either get a 4" or a 6" rough country lift with some new spring out back instead of blocks. Im putting a 4 on mine here in the next week or so.
If I do end up with a body lift I will be fixing those hideous gaps. Are you leaving yours on when you do the suspension lift?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yehp sure am, don't reall have much of a choice because of how the exhaust is routed. I'd have to spend another 100 or so to fix that plus the work of doing it. I figure that I should do some work on hiding the gaps left from the body lift.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm also thinking of doing a 3" body lift, when i get my suspension lift done, (should be done Sunday) so i was looking at the cab mounts, and in the back there are a rubber thing about 1" thick, but its only on the back, is that stock? because the fuel line goes between the frame and body, is this all stock? and if so when doing a 3" body lift do i leave that in there? and if not do i still do 3" blocks front and back?

thanks allot

brady

·
Registered
297 Posts
dont you have to modify the steering arm? body lifts are ok besides the gap as stated above but what really looks like s**t (like i see on a f150 today) is painting the frame bright red with black paint on the truck and a 3 in body lift with no gap gaurds

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Steering arm is not affected by a body lift. The steering shaft is, but its not a problem as it will extend out. Or you can put the spacer in there if your lift comes with one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My '78 had a 3" body lift when I bought it, which was the one thing on the truck I didn't like. I had to trim a bit around the transfer case lever as it would hit. Fuel filler was not lengthend. I have since cut off 2" of the lift and cut and raised the front frame horns 1". Had to change the exhaust and clutch linkage, but it was all worth it. I must be getting old - this is the first 4x4 I ever lowered.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
how do you raise the step bumper to match?
Remove the bumper from the brackets.
Swap the brackets from side to side, and remount them upside down.
Gives right at 3" of lift to the rear bumper.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Remove the bumper from the brackets.
Swap the brackets from side to side, and remount them upside down.
Gives right at 3" of lift to the rear bumper.
Alright, that's feasible.

How bout a 1991 basic front bumper?

Like above?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts