Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know when you put on a body lift you also have to raise the bumpers with brackets. i have a ranch hand style bumper, can they also be raised for a body lift?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick answer. yeah thats what i imagined would probably happen. my days of knocking down trees might be over. :cry

anyone actually done this to theirs? ...hard? no?

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
the ranch hands just bolt to the brackets that the stock bumper does anyways.... if i remember right... and since you have a 93 you have the accordian framehorns.... would really probably just take some flat 1/4" steel braketsdrilled to match the origional holes and then some holes 3" up from those holes to get it to line up normal if that makes sense.... maybe these new 1/4" brackets doulbed up on each side... if that makes sense

her's a pic of johnski's rig that shows the origional bumper mounting points
they are the flat pieses that com off the inside of the frame rail like "l" brackets with the two slotted holes... that's what you are dealing with

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks jeff that picture helps a lot. does the back bumper have similar mounts? i havent looked at it closely before. i also have a heavy duty rear bumper that was made by the previous owner.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I did it to mine. Although i dont have a ranch hand. I have a warn bumper. If you have the crumple zone, i am not sure if this will apply to you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey if you have any pics of your bumper, post em up! Id like to see a ranch bumper on a bronco, and also post where it came from if you dont mind... Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
here was mine 1983

this is the back mount i made for the winch bumper i have.

here are the front new mount

here was the final install. i did this waiting for the new drop mounts to show up..

mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts