Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going with 35" tires next year and want to see what you guys think would be better.
3 inch body lift or cut the fenders and put flares on?
:shrug

·
Registered
156 Posts
Even though i have a body lift id recomend cutting the fenders theres ALOT of work involved to get the truck to look correct with a body lift

and any hoo theres a lot of junk sheet metal hanging off the fenders GET RID OF IT :thumbup

Matt--

·
College User
2,018 Posts
Body Lifts are sweet, just dont stack and do a crazy 5 inch one. :twak

·
Registered
78 Posts
:lolup Body lfts suck except for maybe 1 inch just cut the fenders sooner or later they are going to rust away anyway

·
Registered
741 Posts
gearrat said:
:mad: :goodfinge :mad:

LOL you have a bodylift :goodfinge just messin with ya. Im with everyone else I dont much like bodylifts, and if you have rust around the wheel wells theres a good excuse to cut the fenders and put the cancer into remission

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
i like body lifts for the fact you can look cooler for not much cash. but if you are going to be running 35's you will look cool enough as is. be carfull if you trim dem fenders, if you don't trim enough, and leave the jagged edge esposed, a little flexin could cut up your tires

·
Registered
229 Posts
Around Christmas time i'm hoping to get a body lift and those "lift lips" and hopfully do somthing with the rear bumper.
I saw a bronco at this used carlot and it had a 3in body with a ranchand rear bumper and the "lift lips", at 1st I thought it was suspension but i noticed the "lift lips"
As long as I go with the "lift lips" and get a new bumper or fix mine so it wont hang so low does anyone see any draw backs to a 3in body?? I have a electronic Tcase so I wont have to worry about the shifter being any lower. same with the tranny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Body lifts serve no real purpose except for looks in my opinion. Trim the fenders. My 2 cents...........same as InkDawg.......save for a suspension lift.:beer

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I've got a better idea...It's your rig, do what you think you should do. I'm runnin a 3 inch on my street rig and wouldn't dream of one on my trailrig...but everybody you ask is gonna have a different opinion..:shrug I'm not saying don't ask for advice in the future..somethings are crap and we can warn you of them..but you already know (by how many people are using them with no problems) that a body lift can be safe, cheap affordable alternative for you to lift your rig...so just do what makes you happy bro!:beer

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
:stupid do what you want. if you care about keeping the fenders looking nice, go with a body lift. if not than cut, or both. as long as you can look at your rig, and smile. its never good to get pissed when you look at your truck and think about it.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
I have a body lift and have no problems with it. it keeps your factory ride instead of the extra stiffnes on a suspention lift. The only major things that I can think of if ya do the lift is you have to raise your front and rear bumper (they make kits to that or I could show a few tricks) and your pretty much have to get rid of your fan shround or modify it.:thumbup

·
College User
2,018 Posts
Yea body lift are purely opinion as Blaze stated. A lot of people say cut the fenders but I dont want to cut mine. :shrug

·
Registered
229 Posts
Broncomx said:
The only major things that I can think of if ya do the lift is you have to raise your front and rear bumper (they make kits to that or I could show a few tricks) and your pretty much have to get rid of your fan shround or modify it.:thumbup
What did you do with your fan shroud? If you modified it do you have pictures?
What are the "few tricks" regarding the bumper? or where can I find a kit?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts