Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, people, here´s the thing...

I don´t live in the US, and my truck´s mounting bushings are completely useless...Importing them is something I´d like to avoid, so I would really need to know the dimentions of the last 6 bushings...MAYBE just MAYBE I might be able to find similar bushings to adapt them and make them fit...I hope so! :toothless

Well, if anyone has the height and diameters of the 6 bushings (6 with the same dimentions) It would be really great. :thumbup

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well...I hope I can help you out. I am in the process of replacing all the body bushings and I'm going to tell you...have fun. When you replace the body bushings you have to remove the hardware that holds them in. That in itself is a pain in the butt. After many hours of beating up my truck I found what works is this.

Remove your door trims. Remove your flooring. Remove the body mount bolt floor coverings. You will need to spray some kind of penetrating oil on the bolts from the top and bottom. I let them sit for a few days spraying them each day. Do only one side of the truck at a time. You till need a 16mm socket for the bolts inside the truck and a 22mm box end wrench for the bottoms of the metal bushing pieces. I pulled the one in the rear of the truck first because it is the longest. Once you remove the bolt, screw it back in a few turns and smack it good with a HEAVY hammer. No framing hammer will work for this. The metal bushing pieces are pressed together and will also have all the rust from the years in them. Smack it HARD. This should make them come apart. I also used the rear bolt (cuz its longer) to remove the others since the bolts are down inside the body bolt access holes. The longer bolt sticks up outside the hole so you can smack it with the hammer to break them loose. If you cant get them apart, you can cut away your old bushings, but then how will you get the new ones on. So...back to your original question...measurements. Sorry...didnt mean to rant about the whole bushing removal part. I ordered this set from jeffs bronco graveyard. http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33092-body-mount-bushings-bronco-red.html

This is a replacement set, so I will give you the measurements for these ones. Keep in mind they are not the same size as the original ones. The rear 6 bushings are all the same size.

Top Bushing (bigger one)
3" daimeter
1" center hole
1 3/8" thick

Bottom Bushing (smaller one)
2 5/8" diameter
7/8" hole
3/4" high

I also have the measurements of the bushing metal pieces, so let me know if you need those.

My whole set

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...I hope I can help you out. I am in the process of replacing all the body bushings and I'm going to tell you...have fun. When you replace the body bushings you have to remove the hardware that holds them in. That in itself is a pain in the butt. After many hours of beating up my truck I found what works is this.

Remove your door trims. Remove your flooring. Remove the body mount bolt floor coverings. You will need to spray some kind of penetrating oil on the bolts from the top and bottom. I let them sit for a few days spraying them each day. Do only one side of the truck at a time. You till need a 16mm socket for the bolts inside the truck and a 22mm box end wrench for the bottoms of the metal bushing pieces. I pulled the one in the rear of the truck first because it is the longest. Once you remove the bolt, screw it back in a few turns and smack it good with a HEAVY hammer. No framing hammer will work for this. The metal bushing pieces are pressed together and will also have all the rust from the years in them. Smack it HARD. This should make them come apart. I also used the rear bolt (cuz its longer) to remove the others since the bolts are down inside the body bolt access holes. The longer bolt sticks up outside the hole so you can smack it with the hammer to break them loose. If you cant get them apart, you can cut away your old bushings, but then how will you get the new ones on. So...back to your original question...measurements. Sorry...didnt mean to rant about the whole bushing removal part. I ordered this set from jeffs bronco graveyard. http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33092-body-mount-bushings-bronco-red.html

This is a replacement set, so I will give you the measurements for these ones. Keep in mind they are not the same size as the original ones. The rear 6 bushings are all the same size.

Top Bushing (bigger one)
3" daimeter
1" center hole
1 3/8" thick

Bottom Bushing (smaller one)
2 5/8" diameter
7/8" hole
3/4" high

I also have the measurements of the bushing metal pieces, so let me know if you need those.

My whole set

Thank you KHCO67!!! If It´s no trouble having the other measurements would be really great!!:thumbup

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I bet it would be easier to find OEM NOS body bushings in Argentina than finding hockey pucks in Argentina. :)

Welcome to FSB and good luck

·
Super Moderator
26,951 Posts
yo,

Maybe this will help too;
See the 96 Bronco frame & body mount parts diagram at end of this reply message; it is by Ford @ http://www.fordparts.com/
Note that the Body Mount Insulators are shown as well as the brackets; some dimensions from that site for the 96 is (go thru the drill for your year)
Body Mount Insulator (Body Bolt) Cutaway Cab; 1 3/8'' I.D. x 3 13/64 O.D. x 1 1/4'' thick - upper (Left) pn 00154

Body Mount Insulator (Body Bolt) Cutaway Cab; 1 3/8'' I.D. x 3 13/64 O.D. x 1 1/4'' thick - upper (Right) pn 00154

Body Mount Insulator (Body Bolt); 31/32'' I.D. x 3 13/64'' O.D. x 1 1/4'' thick - upper (Right) pn 00154

Body Shim (Body Body Location No. 1); Shim pn 00145

===

Parts Break-Out & Locations (& Bolt Sizes) for 94 (other years are similar) w/Nomenclature;

"Check out View Z (lower R). It's not totally accurate because it omits the thick spacer, and there should be another washer between the Nut & the Spacer on top of the core support..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

IF THE IMAGE IS TOO SMALL, click it.

The rear bolts (view V) are 7/16"x14(NC) 6.5" long threaded 2.5" with a 5/8" head with large integral washer.
The 6 identical bolts are 7/16"x14(NC) 3.75" long threaded 2.5" with a 5/8" head with small integral washer.
The front bolts (view Z) are metric (no other details).

Note that the necked portion of the upper sleeve (part of the upper absorber) is designed to lock onto the lower sleeve (flared assembly nut) to hold the rubber in place on the frame on the assembly line. But it funnels dirt & water in around the 2 parts & the bolt threads, usually rust-welding them together. So the longer they're soaked with penetrating oil before disassembly, the more likely they are to come apart.

Once the bolt is backed out a few turns, spray more penetrant down into the upper sleeve to rinse the rust off the threads, and use a hammer & drift on the bolt head to separate the sleeves.

The core support mount (views U & Z) is different, and the bolt threads into it from below. It's virtually impossible to separate them, or even to unscrew the bolt. They usually have to be cut apart and replaced.

These are the basic parts of Ford truck body mounts (cab, NOT bed). Note that the necked portion of the upper sleeve (alone at the bottom of the photo) is designed to lock onto the lower sleeve (on the R end of the bolt) to hold the rubber in place on the frame on the assembly line. But it funnels dirt & water in around the 2 parts & the bolt threads, usually rust-welding them together. So the longer they're soaked with penetrating oil before disassembly, the more likely they are to come apart.

Once the bolt is backed out a few turns, spray more penetrant down into the upper sleeve to rinse the rust off the threads, and use a hammer & drift on the bolt head to separate the sleeves.

The core support mount is different, and the bolt threads into it from below. It's virtually impossible to separate them, or even to unscrew the bolt. They usually have to be cut apart and replaced.
=================

Locations, Info & pics in a 90
Source: by ChuckVA (Chuck, Da Bronco) at http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/10180/29535

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks miesk5!! It´s been really helpfull, got what I needed and more :thumbup
Thanks for the info about the removall of the old bushings, I´m sure It will be helpfull

Oh... well I can't find ANY good use for a damn soccer ball so I guess your Shit out of luck :rofl: :histerica
lol, well, neither can I....I´d rather play with wrenches :toothless

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all with your help. I´ve decided to instal 3" O.S Diameter x 1,5" High rubber body mounts, used in Ford Pick up cab mountings. They are a bit higher, but it´s unnoticeable. In the front I´ll put a WARN bumper....so it will be esier to move it up a bit and have the whole body aligned....don´t care much for the rear step bumper

Well, thanks once again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts