Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Ford Bronco Custom, 400M, C6, lots of rust
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these? Without a centering spot, how do you cut the old mount off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,206 Posts
Yo Ebluvr72
Member @Ziggy can help

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Ebluvr72 - What are you wanting to do, remove the body mounts for repair or something else?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ebluvr72 - What are you wanting to do, remove the body mounts for repair or something else?
The rear four body mount holes on the frame are pitted. A lot of their thickness has been reduced. I bout the frame saver washers, but it freaks me out to cut the existing holes away and lose my reference.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Leave the existing material in place and sandwich the frame in between the washers. From my experience it's normally the 1st (front of the body tub) and 2nd (under the rear seat floor) frame mounts that rust out first and these are fairly easy to fix but requires you to remove the brackets from the frame.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leave the existing material in place and sandwich the frame in between the washers. From my experience it's normally the 1st (front of the body tub) and 2nd (under the rear seat floor) frame mounts that rust out first and these are fairly easy to fix but requires you to remove the brackets from the frame.
Yeah, I bought new brackets for the two smaller removable ones. The larger are in decent shape. The ones I needed to repair were the four at the rear. I ended up wire wheeling them to remove all rust and welded new metal into the depressions. Not the best fix, but it’s a lot stronger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts