Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new to the site and I've just spent a few hours reading a lot of great info. Maybe too much info. to the point of being dazed and confused!!! :banghead So what I am looking for is mostly confirmation although I do have a question about body lifts.

I am going to replace the 351W :eek: for a 460 crate motor :mad: . After doing hours of research I have determined that I can do this by installing the engine perches from an '80's F-250 and a C-6 with a big block bolt pattern. I plan on purchasing the brackets from L&L Products to mount the accessories ( P/S, Alt., A/C). Unless there is a cheaper alternative....any suggestions?

Also I am interested in replacing the worn out body bushings for some new rubber ones. I also read that adding a couple of inches to the body will help the clearance of the 460 in the engine compartment. The question I have about raising the body an inch or two, is how does that affect the tranny linkage and steering shaft?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

P.S. This is an '85 BIG Bronco XLT

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
r1brygo said:
I plan on purchasing the brackets from L&L Products to mount the accessories ( P/S, Alt., A/C). Unless there is a cheaper alternative....any suggestions?
Junk yard :duh
You should be able to find a complete "460 front dress" (as it's called) in V and serp belt for $25 - $100 depending on your local yards and how much crap you take.

Oh, and welcome :beer

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I get the body mount bushing? Local part store, Dealer??? I plan on going ahead and using the 1" blocks to lift the body and give a little more room for the 460 while changing the bushings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey Ive got the frame mounts for the 460, if they work. Theyre off of an 89 F-250 with a 460, and a C6

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean the engine towers/perches? I would defintiely be interested in them. How much??? Got any pics?

·
Registered
18 Posts
No pics, broke camera. But they are the frame mounted perches. 5 buck +plus shipping. Christmas special.

T

·
0 Posts
I thought L&L sold mounts to drop a 460 right in a bronco.
I put one in my '84 and that was the only thing I bought was the engine mounts from L&L.

After looking, I am not real sure I even needed them.

I bought an old station wagon, with the 460 and C6 for doing my swap.
That is always the best, then you know you have everything you need.

I think the whole wagon cost me $300 and we drove it on the trailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts