Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished changing out the mounts on my 71 K5 and decided to take a peak under my 79 F150 and the mounts were toast, is there a supplier for the mounts and has anyone replaced them. There is no way it could be harder than my blazer.

EDIT and if there is a replacement are they rubber or polyurethane?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got finished changing out the mounts on my 71 K5 and decided to take a peak under my 79 F150 and the mounts were toast, is there a supplier for the mounts and has anyone replaced them. There is no way it could be harder than my blazer.

EDIT and if there is a replacement are they rubber or polyurethane?
Okay well I stopped being lazy and searched and found these

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294908312+400008+4294881579+115&autoview=sku

I still want to know if anyone has replaced theres?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
I did mine one side at a time. Loosen all the bolts, one side more then the other, then starting from front and working towards the back, lift the body enough to pull the through bolt, pull out the old mount and slip the new one in place. Start the body mount and then lower the body onto the new mount. Ford uses and upper and lower body mount sleeve and one slips inside the other. Most of the time, they are rusted together and you end up cutting them out to remove the mount. LMC sells complete kits with all new hardware and urithane mounts, I would consider going this route and replace all the hardware as well. Be careful on the front mount as there are washers stacked with the mounts that shim the radiator frame and alighn the front fenders.

Reactions: Johnnyreb1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts