Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a few of you may know i picked up a 87 bronco for $800
i just kind of inspected it a bit more, and the whole inner rear quarter panel is rusted from where it mounts to the bed part of the bronco, all along from tailgate to the drivers seat....
i can get pics if it helps...but is this ****ing thing worth the repair or what?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Everything is repairable. It just depends if you want to spend the money and time.

Mines worse than that. And i keep doing a little at a time. As long as it runs good i would say try and repair it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well see i want to fix it up, lift, SAS swap, 92-96 front end (taking advantage of the rusted front lol)
but the rear end is what pisses me off, basically the whole ass end of the cab is rusted to shit, and i wouldnt mind getting replacement panels but you can only get them for the outers, i mean unless you can somehow take a f150 inner panel and put it in there but i dont think they work like that.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
my 85 was like that before i started to wheel it. now both sides including the doors flap in the wind. it is trail truck so i dont care much for fixing the rust, actually it isnt worth it. i say wheel it as is untill it gets bad, than do a truck cab swap.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
Then get a '92-96 tub. :shrug
You find a rust-free Eddie Bauer green & tan one, I'm all over that like white trash on Jerry. :rofl:

·
Registered
651 Posts
There's a guy in Dallas on craigslist selling the body off his white 95 Bronco. Looks like it is in great shape. $900 bucks though I think.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my 85 was like that before i started to wheel it. now both sides including the doors flap in the wind. it is trail truck so i dont care much for fixing the rust, actually it isnt worth it. i say wheel it as is untill it gets bad, than do a truck cab swap.
truck cab swap as in..mod it into the bronco back, or put a truck cab/bed on it?
i want to do the repair work to it, but the inner fenders from an f150 repro, if they even would fit are like $1600 which is bs so i might have to look at getting a body from somewhere, i just would like to have a bronco for show and offroad. just because its painted in flat black primer and may get scratched doesnt mean there should be rust on it lol

i cant find bodies up here though and i wouldnt know where to begin to ship one of those things up here.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
look at reptillikus's build, he took his bronco tub off and did a truck cab/bed swap. theres a 78-79 bronco with same type swap without the bed. your bronco as is, will not last if you wheel it long. jackson 76550 totally skinned his bronco and built a rollcage off the frame. i may do this type of thing to my 85, you could dove tail the rear also since the rear qaurters are allmost completely free from body. its up to you and what the bronco is worth to you, personally i wouldnt try to do rust repair to it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have some rust on the fenders of the Bronco that I just bought($1700), it is a 1994 EB, and I am trying to figure out the repair.

I AM somewhat new to home fix and fabrication, and I truly appreciate all of the input and help. I am glad I found this site, and will be going paid in a week or so!

·
Registered
450 Posts
A Bronco is always worth repairing :thumbup

Besides, your rust really isn't all that bad. It all depends how much time you want to put into it.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
I just bought a tailgate with almost no rust from a guy who is selling off the tub. I only paid $75 for the gate. Don't know what he wants for the complete body but the travel expense would definitely outweigh the cost of the tub. Gotta love a southern truck!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.