Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Paid for this sh!t
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a important ?

as you all know, my 4bt bronco was rearended and totaled.

anyways the frame is straight. and it has the all important crossmember for the diesel built in.

i bought a 95 bronco in perfect shape.

so what i need to know is, can the engine crossmember be removed without destroying it.

if not, what would be easier in yalls opinion, swapping the body onto the old frame, or cutting the front of the frame off the trucks and reweld the diesel one onto the 95 bko frame with some extra bracing and whatnot??

i want to retain the 4wabs if possible aswell. (that 4bt up front makes the rear light under hard braking)

all opinions wanted

and just for laughs, whats wrong with this picture?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
if the frame is straight just drop the body on it,(i would clean it up and paint it while its that far apart), that be the easiest route

the front bumper from the 92-96 is pretty easy to install on the older frame to my understanding, (using the 87-91 frame brackets,)

if the tank is lower than an 89 install just the sender from the new tank(the box the rod to the float attaches to) so the fuel guage will work, but the body is 100% bolt on to the old frame,

for the 4wabs, just swap the module and lines from the new frame to the older, along with the wiring and it will work, along with the knuckle out on the dana 44

cross member should just be held in with alot of rivets, so it just going to be a pita to remove

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
Body swap for sure... Just throw that clean ass body on and roll!

·
I Paid for this sh!t
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That body is beautiful, wow! Sorry to hear about the total.... especially being a 4bt bronco!
this was the old body before and after the wreck
before

after

·
I Paid for this sh!t
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if the frame is straight just drop the body on it,(i would clean it up and paint it while its that far apart), that be the easiest route

the front bumper from the 92-96 is pretty easy to install on the older frame to my understanding, (using the 87-91 frame brackets,)

if the tank is lower than an 89 install just the sender from the new tank(the box the rod to the float attaches to) so the fuel guage will work, but the body is 100% bolt on to the old frame,

for the 4wabs, just swap the module and lines from the new frame to the older, along with the wiring and it will work, along with the knuckle out on the dana 44

cross member should just be held in with alot of rivets, so it just going to be a pita to remove
Body swap for sure... Just throw that clean ass body on and roll!
That body is beautiful, wow! Sorry to hear about the total.... especially being a 4bt bronco!
OK Body swap is lookin likely, now the next thought is, where the hell can i buy new body hardware (the mushroom peices) besides JBG, cause 400F***ING dollars is too much

·
Registered
327 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! that poor thing got smashed

Good luck gettin it all swapped over man, us 4bt broncos gotta represent :rockon :toothless

·
I Paid for this sh!t
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks strange, ive seen you over on the swap site, im about to start my second buildthread here and there, ill keep you up to date

·
Registered
80 Posts
OK Body swap is lookin likely, now the next thought is, where the hell can i buy new body hardware (the mushroom peices) besides JBG, cause 400F***ING dollars is too much
The crossmember would not be very hard to remove honestly, and could be swapped over fairly easily. I would however also recommend the body swap. Just like I'm doing for my powerstroke build, swapping the frames gave me 100% access to prep the frame for my use.

I would salvalge as much as possible from the old truck as far as body mounts go. My cheapest find for the upper "mushrooms" was LMC truck. For the bushings (OEM rubber) go with JBG. As for the lower "mushrooms", you're looking at about $20 a pop anywhere you go.

If you've got some basic welding skills, you can make them easily out of washers and pipe. Hell they'll actually last long too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts