Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, newbie here with some quarter panel questions. i have the typical wheel well rot on both rear quarters and lower rear quarters are rotted as well. what i would like to do is replace the entire quater panel front to back, i see they are readily available, what kind of nightmare will this be? ive already replaced the 2 front fenders due to rot, and a door. but i do understand that replacing quaterpanels is not a bolt on affair. i got a quote from a body shop for about 2500 bucks, they told me i would also need wheelhouses replaced? granted that price also included paint. is this something i can do myself, any help on this would be great before i drop the green for a pro job.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Its not hard, but it is EXTREMELY time consuming...you have a million spot welds/rivets that you will have to grind off. And yes, you will have to replace the wheel houses more than likely.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who would you recommend buying the quarters from, the fenders i put on were bought from jc whitney, and when i finally got em it looked like someone stomped on them, luckily the body shop pulled and filled the dents but the extra expense was not planned. if i dump the coin i want these things to be in one piece when i get them. thanx

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
i got mine form jeff's bronco grave yard and they hooked me up with a mint one with a little dent in it. turned out to be 160 bucks for a 240 dollar quarter. they also sell patchs for like 35 bucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts