Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY i pulled off the duct tape & got to work on my 89 that got hit by a telephone pole. my dad did a great weldding job & then we bodyputtied & painted it. but im sad to say, i dont have any before pics, i thought i did, but turns out i dont.
:banghead :cry, :banghead
the painting process.

this is where the side of the truck got hit by the top of a telephone pole.

all these pics are after some repairs. the pole hit at the front of the passenger side door as i was driving & pushed in till it caught the door jam. we pushed out the door & now it can open, close, & lock from the inside only. & the dent used to be MUCH larger.

this is what was puttied & repaired. not an exact piant match, but great temporary fix.

this is how much was missing after the poles guide wire (nonelectrical), caught the rain gutter on the roof. it also ripped off the antenna, cracked the windshield, & stripped the paint off next to the windshield.

next job is to replace the door & then the quaterpannel. & i hear thats quite a job.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
The door won't be that big of a problem, but the quater panel that may be a bitch. From the looks of the rest though I think you can handle it...Looks good so far!:thumbup

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. yea i can go 10 minutes down the road to a junk yard & grab a F-150 door. im savin the quarterpannel for last cuz ive seen broncomxs topic & this isnt guna be a hour long job. & i already know of a place with new quaterpannels. its the same as the 90s body style so ill get 1 of those. ill post a thread during the work.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
yeah those damn quarter panels are a pain in the ass. I suggest you do that first so that the hard part is over and the door will go on with no prob. But I suggest going get the panel from bronco grave yard I think I paid 200 for is and like 70 for a crate fee but it was worth it

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thanks alot. ive realy looked at how a new door would line up with it & i think itll fit, ive pulled the door jam out pretty straight, but once i get the door ill raly look close before i put it on. thanks again! :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts