Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and had a look at the 38.5" boggers today, They have never been run on street just for offroad. But I noticed on the top tread on outsides of the tires there are cut marks(from rocks ect) and chunks missing here and there. How will this effect street driving? I know a bogger is not a tire to give you a nice ride its for wheeling. I am curious to how much it could effect tire wear and ride. There are not cuts in either the side or top that would cause a tire to blow, Nothing that deep, But just curious, I think im going to offer him 1000 dollars for 4 boggers and 5 steel rims. (15x10) And the spare tire is a 36" TSL super swamper. Here are pics, They are in better shape in this picture though.

Rims are decent, Just need a cleaning.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
nope that is not cupping that is grooving, and those make them not dot or street legal in most states so check with local law before puttin them on, they r a great offroad tire but horrible on road and like to float on wet roads real bad.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope that is not cupping that is grooving, and those make them not dot or street legal in most states so check with local law before puttin them on, they r a great offroad tire but horrible on road and like to float on wet roads real bad.
Im not talking about the grooving, Just showing a picture of the tire. It has cuts from rocks, Not the cut out grooves. Sorry for not being more specific on that. I am up in canada, Ill check the laws, But shit almost anything is legal up here lol. My question was is it bad to have little chunks missing and cut lines in the tread from offroad use?

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one knows? I kinda want to call this guy and tell him ill buy them or not, Is it just the looks that the cuts/ chunks missing effect? Tires have no holes or patches .

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
It's obviously not good, but it's not the end of the world.

Honestly, Boggers are such shitty street tires that I doubt you'll notice. Seriously, I don't know you, but I'll go out on a limb and say that there's a 75% chance you're gonna hate them after about a month (if you don't wheel much and it's something you drive semi-often).

IF none of the chunking is too deep it's not an issue. Boggers do that when used on rocks or trails with roots, etc that the sidelugs can grab. I wouldn't give a grand for em unless those are real beadlocks, and it'd be kinda questionable then...

This is just a suggestion, but I get the impression that you're more of an occasional, mild wheeling type of guy...I'd wait on something else. There are tons of tires out there that are way better on the street than boggers and will do just find in less aggressive offroading. Hell, boggers are really only awesome when it comes to mud; there are definitely better trail/rock tires out there.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's obviously not good, but it's not the end of the world.

Honestly, Boggers are such shitty street tires that I doubt you'll notice. Seriously, I don't know you, but I'll go out on a limb and say that there's a 75% chance you're gonna hate them after about a month (if you don't wheel much and it's something you drive semi-often).

IF none of the chunking is too deep it's not an issue. Boggers do that when used on rocks or trails with roots, etc that the sidelugs can grab. I wouldn't give a grand for em unless those are real beadlocks, and it'd be kinda questionable then...

This is just a suggestion, but I get the impression that you're more of an occasional, mild wheeling type of guy...I'd wait on something else. There are tons of tires out there that are way better on the street than boggers and will do just find in less aggressive offroading. Hell, boggers are really only awesome when it comes to mud; there are definitely better trail/rock tires out there.

I do more mud then trails and rocks, Once I get my full license I will be out every other day. No im not a hardcore wheeler(Im putting 38's on a d44 with a built 460...) But I do like to have fun. Truck will be my DD Till I buy another one for work, Which will be asap after I get my license. 1000 is a good deal in comparison to what else is out there, People seem to think there tires and rims are worth gold. If I dont pick these up ill end up spending atleast 2 grand.

If your worried about tire wear and road handling these tires are not for you. :thumbup
I dont know how they wear with the shape there in thats all. My truck never was a nice handling truck im not worried about that. Should I just be expecting a noisy ass ride and bumpy?

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just went to google and searched for how boggers ride. One reply I found was "Horrible ride,Very loud, Wear horribly.

Noisy is not an issue, I spent 2 grand on a stereo for a reason. Cant hear shit, And also My weather stripping is so shot that all the air leaks doing 65 mph are probably as loud as these tires :haha

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just went to google and searched for how boggers ride. One reply I found was "Horrible ride,Very loud, Wear horribly.

Noisy is not an issue, I spent 2 grand on a stereo for a reason. Cant hear shit, And also My weather stripping is so shot that all the air leaks doing 65 mph are probably as loud as these tires :haha
It sounds as if you already made up your mind that you are getting them and want approval. Do what YOU WANT. It's your money and truck. But you have been warned about the shitty tires by 3 members already. :smilie_slapSo when you get them and are unsatisfied by the ride and how they wear. Don't post it on here. Because you will get a ton of I told you so's.:goodfinge

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
you'll still hear the boggers over the radio.. :thumbup

I've been running boggers for years... They are awesome tires.. However you'll get about 6000 miles to a set on the street.. They are very soft and don't last very long.. Also they flat spot very fast.. Meaning that once you sit over night and drive them the next day the truck will bounce and take a few miles to heat up and round out.. Swampers are known not to be round and not being able to balance the tire/rim combo..

They are sweet tires but not for everyone...

Also 38's a 460 on a dana 44, you'll break stuff.. pretty quick.. The dana 44 can handle it as long as you're smart with the skinny pedal, but with a 460 I forsee the skinny pedal being an enemy...

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Yeah, if you're spending $1000 to buy tires that will go on a daily driver- expect to spend another $1000 for another set in less than a year when they wear out.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Yeah, if you're spending $1000 to buy tires that will go on a daily driver- expect to spend another $1000 for another set in less than a year when they wear out.
winner winner chicken dinner..

That being said, my boggers have lasted forever..

Though it's more then likely due to the fact that the bronco has been sitting and not really been driven in the past 5 years.. :brownbag

:histerica

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol I love this thread. I bought them, I kinda forgot my dad has a set of 37" tires sittin out back, He said I could have. Decent tread too, They will be getting mounted when I wear out the boggers.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
winner winner chicken dinner..

That being said, my boggers have lasted forever..

Though it's more then likely due to the fact that the bronco has been sitting and not really been driven in the past 5 years.. :brownbag

:histerica
Also, It is very very hard to keep me off the skinny pedal. We will see how long stuff lasts.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
My boggers don't waddle.. Also they don't lug slap when coming to a stop..

They just flat spot when they sit for more then 5 minutes.. :toothless I want to hurry up and get the swap done so I can put them back on.. This thing is going to look SICK with the 40's.. =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts