Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ONLY when it's raining.....usually just after(or a couple mins after) i go through a big puddle I bog like crazy....any ideas?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are you getting water on the distributor cap? Water and a hot distributor cap doesn't mix very well. Also, how old are your plug wires? If your wires are old and sparking through the jackets the problem is magnified when they get wet.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
i just went through this prob with any knid of slush snow or water....found out my two coild wires had insul stripped off them and taped up and then the wire on the harness for my tfi module was bare...fixed it and no probs so far....but first do a car, rotor, andplugs, plug wires......and make sure to put dilectric grease on all the connections...buy an actual tub einstead of the package they give you...

·
Something Spiffy
940 Posts
i can remember with my old 302, i would go through a puddle or some other form of water to get a large amount of underhood water and then at idle you could hear my bad sparkplug wires arcing all over the place, i didnt really care to look untill a while later when it got preaty bad, then i popped the hood to see that 5out of my 8 cylinders miss-firing! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts