Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$30 after shipping I could have bought the metal and did it myself but I haven't had time lately.

I am going to bolt it and weld it on to my bumper.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
i'd be concerned about how close the holes are drilled to the ede of the plate.... it's thinner beside the bolt than the actual thickness of the plate used or the bolt itself.... watch for that to give out on side pulls
edit... i see you say that you are going to weld it... that will fix that i am sure

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I'd cut a hole in the bumper and mount it on the backside

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
If I were you I would use a backing plate behind the bumper when you bolt them up.
especially if you're using the stock bumper. Not as important with, but still recommended for, 3/16 and 1/4" thick bumpers. Backing plate should be, at least, 150% the thickness of the bumper, and at least, 25% larger than the area of the bracket

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not putting it on a stock bumper that would be kinda dumb ...hahahaha
It will be on this 1/4" thick c channel with a backing plate behind it and welded up.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
cr69ml said:
I'm not putting it on a stock bumper that would be kinda dumb ...hahahaha
It will be on this 1/4" thick c channel with a backing plate behind it and welded up.

now that is a pretty clean looking bumper.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I made it for about $70 worth of metal. The roller fairlead is about 1 Inch higher then I would like it, but if I mounted it any lower I would have had to cut the angle iron that supports the winch from frame rail to frame rail.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll have to go and measure it but I know the angled off peices are 19 1/2 inches long the center is about 1 or two inches out further then the frame rails.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
meant how far does it stick out...one problem I ran into when i built mine was I didnt account for how far the grill stuck out...so I had to notch the grill to get the winch to fit.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
redwagon said:
meant how far does it stick out...one problem I ran into when i built mine was I didnt account for how far the grill stuck out...so I had to notch the grill to get the winch to fit.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
cr69ml said:
Everytime I see that pic I think the fairlead should be mounted 3-4 inchs lower

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ToddACimer said:
Everytime I see that pic I think the fairlead should be mounted 3-4 inchs lower
This pic is straight into the front it is alittle high butthis is where I had to go, does it really make a difference. Half the time you are either to high or to low from the vehicle in front of you when you hook up. I f I am wrong please explain I am here to learn.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts