Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Weiand Action Plus for my 78 Bronco engine. It used to have a 351M but I swapped it out for a 400 crate motor.

The manifold came with no instructions and I can't find the info i need in my Haynes manual.

Can anyone tell me or help me find out what the torque specs are for this manifold? I bought it from Summit Racing Equip and I'm currently on hold trying to get someone for tech support, but with this virus I almost never get anyone to talk to.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. And Just FYI, i also bought an Edelbrock AVS2 carb 650 to replace the factory 2 bbl carb. My 10mpg gas mileage will now probably go down to 5mg, but who cares, right??

Big Red One

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. I got through to Summit by selecting the "Problem with your order" option and got a lady who said Summit no longer has a tech support line due to the Corona virus! However, she looked up the information that came from Weiand's website and said I should first torque to 10 foot pounds, then 15 foot pounds, then finally to 25 foot pounds. I guess my next question is do i have to crank the engine and let it run between increasing the torque or do I just go in the garage and torque it to 10, wait an hour or a day and then go to 15, then to 25? I really don't know much about setting up an engine and I really need some help. I want to do it right the first time.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Big Red One

·
Registered
639 Posts
My 1980 manual says 22-32 ft-lbs for the 3/8" bolts and 19-25 ft-lbs for the 5/16" bolts. It also says to torque them in three passes but doesn't provide any values, so I'd likely just split it up into thirds. It recommends a retorque to final value, in sequence, after the engine has reached operating temperature.

It recommends a specific sequence and I've linked a picture to it.

It has callouts on where and where not to put sealant. I tried to take a picture and post it as well.

EDIT: The stock manifold is iron. You probably know that, just FYI.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 1980 manual says 22-32 ft-lbs for the 3/8" bolts and 19-25 ft-lbs for the 5/16" bolts. It also says to torque them in three passes but doesn't provide any values, so I'd likely just split it up into thirds. It recommends a retorque to final value, in sequence, after the engine has reached operating temperature.

It recommends a specific sequence and I've linked a picture to it.

It has callouts on where and where not to put sealant. I tried to take a picture and post it as well.

EDIT: The stock manifold is iron. You probably know that, just FYI.
SIr, I can't thank you enough. Thank you for answering back! I used the gray type RTV stuff and we used the rubber gaskets provided for each end. I have a friend who is a diesel mechanic and he's been helping me, so I'm trusting in him for some of the decisions or answers that come up.
Thank you again.
Big Red One

1 - 4 of 4 Posts