Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what all needed to be plugged up on the carb....i got the fuel line in, but just wondering about the rest....i ain't the best when it comes to vacuum hoses and stuff like that, just wondering where everything went
thanks alot:whiteflag
justin

·
Registered
157 Posts
I dont think that 750 is to big. Just should needs to be set up right. Just make sure that your vacum advance is hooked up and your vacum modulater for your trans is hooked up. You should be good to go.

·
Registered
171 Posts
a stock 460 runs perfect with a 600cfm carb. If you use a 750 you have to go with smaller jets. A 460 cubic inch motor could flow 700cfm at 5200rpms if it were 100% efficient. no n/a engine is that efficient and a stock 460 isn't even close to using that amount of air, so any carb over 600 is basically a waste of money, because you can never use that cfm rating of the carb. And the jets ain the carb are set up for the cfm rating. Sure, you can make a big carb work by going with smaller jets, but it's not as good as using the right size carb with the right size jets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts