Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am at a loss.
I went to the Dana site www2.dana.com/expert/wc.dll?cvsp~deabillTyped in the numbers that I found on the axle but nothing has come up.
Doesn't matter what I do I can't find any info.

The numbers I could find are are on the drivers side tube.
It is a drivers drop, leaf sprung, D44HP with full time hubs.
I need to rebuild it for my SAS but need some info on it to buy parts.
I don't know what year rig it is out of so no one can help me.:banghead
Here are the numbers
10 22 7 A5

Can someone help?

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
I can't find crap on Dana's site anytime I look.

Are you sure it is 660028. I can't find any BOM# starting with 66 I did see a 610028 is a D44 and it is out of a 78 Dodge. Sorry for no help.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Pony-boy said:
Well I am at a loss.
I went to the Dana site http://www2.dana.com/expert/wc.dll?cvsp~deabill~2~
Typed in the numbers that I found on the axle but nothing has come up.
Doesn't matter what I do I can't find any info.

The numbers I could find are are on the drivers side tube.
It is a drivers drop, leaf sprung, D44HP with full time hubs.
I need to rebuild it for my SAS but need some info on it to buy parts.
I don't know what year rig it is out of so no one can help me.:banghead
Here are the numbers
10 22 7 A5

Can someone help?
yea, beginning "66" does not sound valid, wonder if it's 60. I would take a stab and call six states, tell them you need parts but need to verify the axle first, give them the 6 digit number, and guess that it was from a 77-78 truck given the second set of numbers.

I'm sure he won't have any tag Steve. Strange though, the Dana BOM should be on the passenger side, a little out from the diff, that's where I found mine, but not until I took a wire wheel/grinder and got all the old paint off. It's still was practically impossible to see all digits.

·
Banned
18,238 Posts
That doesn't look like a Dana tag - looks more like a Ford tag with the first digit of the 2nd line missing (probly "4"). I don't know what the "22" is about, though.

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like there should be another number in front of th first 6 and the second number isn't stamped very well but looks like it should be a 6.

I am going to try and look on the rest of the tube. There is no tag on the diff cover at all.

Do you thing the gear codes will tell me anything if I take the cover off and look?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Pony-boy said:
On the pumpkin

Drivers side lower rear web
Drivers side front lower web 038561
Passengers side front lower web 44-9F
no, ring gear is only going to show date of manuf. and ratio (at least that's what a newer Dana/spicer set will have).

The tube is where you will find the BOM. Mine were very difficult to read, only semi-readable once the axle was carefully stripped. The front axle BOM was 610047, and as Mr. N I believe once pointed out, the stamping is shallow usually, and the script used makes it difficult to differentiate certain numerals. I would not have been able to determine mine...what I did was produce the known numerals, and then put down my guesses for the 1 or 2 I could not read, and then went down to six states. They have the dana look up books, and helped me fill in the 1 or 2 guess numerals based on possible number combinations given I at least knew roughly the year the axles were, and that they were both ford.

Oh, almost forgot, IIRC, my BOM did have a number or two in front of the 6 digit BOM, but these were offset just a little...think it was 2 numerals, then space, then the 6 digit BOM beginning with 6 and I think the second digit is usually a 0 or 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts