Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I sure could use some help. I did a pretty healthy search and didn't really find what I needed. I need to find out what modifications were made to my 94 XLT. It is a former Border Patrol bronco that I purchased in April. I would love some definitive answers. For example, my truck is lifted but I'm unsure exactly how high. If anyone knows where I might find information specific to my truck I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
I see Broncos
6,036 Posts
I know some of the BP trucks had rancho 4" lifts on them other than that it would be just about stock.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Modifications varied from district to district based on the conditions... Some even had turrent looking things that were masts for survailance equipment... You might be able to get some information off the lift kit itself.. Look for part numbers, and product names... Otherwise there is no real way to find out what they did to that particular vehicle.. Unless GSA is willing to part with that info... I doubt they will take the time look.. But it's probably worth asking.... Post some pics of the rig and close ups of the front suspension drop brackets and raduis arms.. We might be able to help ya guess----Fog

·
I see Broncos
6,036 Posts
That looks rancho, now quick question where the hell is the rest of the truck?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The border patrol can't even catch a cold,lets hope the FSB you bought works better than they do .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I took the tailgate off because it was junk. The window didn't work and I didn't want it anyway so it's gone. The doors are in my garage waiting for the hinge repair kit I ordered off eBay. The top is stashed in the garage too. As far as the truck I couldn't be happier. This thing runs flawlessly. The only problem I have had so far was a transmission leak due to a missing bolt and some loose bolts (almost all of them) on the tramsmission pan. I have been extremely happy with this truck. I have a 10 pt. cage going in as soon as I have time. Next are some 33's and matching wheels. Thanks again for all the help!

·
TTB Will Survive
246 Posts
I zoomed in on you pic img_0459.jpg, (can some one else look at this to), it looks like it has coil overs on the front springs and a limiting strap as well. ????

Did any of the 92-96 bko's have coil overs??? I don't rember any.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Sure looks like a Rancho Radius arm... And it also appears to have limiting straps.. But I don't see any coil overs or shocks for that matter... I saw another one like that came out of Cali.. It had a 4in with the extended radius arms from Rancho on it also... IIRC it also had helper springs in the rear... Did yours come out of Cali or do you know?? Nice looking rig... Get some more pics as the cage goes in. Take care--Fog

·
TTB Will Survive
246 Posts
Foghorn said:
...But I don't see any coil overs or shocks for that matter... .. Take care--Fog
Take a look inside of the springs. I see a orange looking thing but can't make out its shape, etc.. ??? Twilight theme song playing....

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
I see what your talking about but I can't tell what it is.... After looking at it closer the radius arms really look like the older style rancho arms... IIRC they were kinda prone to breakage or cracking?? Someone wanna refresh my memory on that.... It probably don't matter... If they survived this long on a government issue vehicle, they probably are'nt gonna break anytime soon---Fog

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does have limiting straps and Bilstein shocks and what is really weird is the orange thing you are talking about appears to be a shock boot inside the spring. That seems really weird (at least to me) but that's what it appears to be. As far as where it came from I don't know. I bought this from a guy on the west bank who bought it at auction so I didn't get any of the info on the history of the truck. I have crawled around underneath quite a bit and cannot find any obvious stuctural flaws (that's not to say that they're not there, but I can't find them). Like I said, the truck is rock solid. Thanks again for all the input.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I agree. Deff looks Rancho, but older. Those arms look like they were made before the bent arms went into production. That kit was probably installed new when the truck was bought in 93-94.

Oh yea, to heck with 33s, go ahead and do the 35s!:thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts