Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I picked up a 460 bored.60 over that was kinda in pieces. I finally got to putting it together and today I took it to a motor shop to do some specs on what size pushrods and roller rockers I needed. After talking to them I dont know if I am going to have the money to finish it for awhile. So I was wondering if I put some stock heads on it with a fresh valve job and stock pushrods and rockers, would the motor be fine doing it that way for now? I was going to do that and put the .60 over heads on a shelf until I got all the parts to do it. Would this be ok to do? Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
the block is whats bored .60 over. that shouldnt change anything in the heads. or im i missing something ? unless the block was decked alot the pushrods roker arms should all be ok.?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my heads have had work done to them also. And I put the cam in the block and now I cant remember what size cam it is or the paperwork from the cam. I never put the freeze plug in the back of it and the numbers on the back of the cam are i believe 940953 but I cant find out who makes that cam or the size of it. Any suggestions? (besides pull the cam back out) Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
you should always measure your pushrod length. something as simple as compressed head gasket thickness can make the pushrod length change. no two motors are exactly the same, and factory specs aren't always right on. especially if you're putting diff cams, lifters, rockers, heads, had the block or heads decked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts