Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experiences here? Search came up with nearly nothing. I need a new shaft, and no one makes a new one oem style, so I've got to choose aftermarket I suppose.

I'm leaning towards flaming river, just because I've heard more of them. Chime in if you guys are running one or the other.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting. I guess it's flaming river then. what's different between the steering boxes or steering wheel shaft that would not make the borgson's work on a 91?

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
v8only said:
interesting. I guess it's flaming river then. what's different between the steering boxes or steering wheel shaft that would not make the borgson's work on a 91?

Here's an email response I got from borgson a while back, addressing that same question.

"The 980 and 985 may fit the '91 Bronco; we just have not completed research
on it yet so we can't say positively. Both have a 1" Double D joint for the
column, a 3/4-36 spline for the steering box and an overall length of about
30" extended and about 24" collapsed. You can cut the shaft length if
necessary.
Thanks,
Gil Evans
Borgeson"

My guess is that it'll work, but you'd have to confirm that with one of the smarter people on this site.

IIRC, thru the searching I did, someone installed one on an '88, or '89 with no trouble.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fyi< I called them, and she said the only difference would be the diameter of the steering column shaft at the firewall.

she said for me to measure that and let them know if it's 3/4 or 1/2 then let her know. She said $245ish, or they would custom make one for me for only $10 more if that's the case.

Seems to be a real standup company. I like them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts