Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JBG has a bit of a special on the Borgeson shafts. thinknig about finally getting 1 (or 3). anybody have the ones without dampers? is the viberation pretty noticeable? or is it worth the bit more to get the damper?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Have the dampner in mine. Did the redhead steering box upgrade at the same time. Phenomenal difference. The steering shaft is a very large portion of that as my factory one had issues with the "clips" holding it together. The shaft is worth the money, but I can't tell you anything about with/without dampner.

Good luck, and let us know what the outcome is.

tim

·
Man of endless projects
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im going to go without dampener. jsut still cant make myself pul lthe trigger. the one in my F250 isnt terrible but has abit of slop. i ended up ordering other stuff instead like a flexplate for my 408 build

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
LOL, trust me I know how "hard" it is to pull the trigger on stuff. I promise I understand. I wish I had a definitive answer for you. ..Good luck regardless.

tim

·
Man of endless projects
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well junkyard charge like 8$ for them. so i look around the yards finsing the best ones i can and swap them in. i dont really have much slop compared to many people. hard to pull trigger on something that doesnt bother me much when i have a 408 to finish

·
Man of endless projects
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
figured id update this. my friend ordered his with damper and i ordered mine without damper. both our trucks are 90. i installed his first and his was jsut on the verge of too long. i think i cut like 10" off his shaft to make it fit. even then however the inner portion of the shaft almost protruded through. i was unable to drill the hole for one of the long set screws because of it. between his redhead box, borg shaft and new Motorcraft tie rods, his truck has zero slop. mine installed great. had to cut off like 8" or something and drill 1 hole for one of the long set screws. i do love how much of a difference it makes, i have a reman 4-bolt box i questioned how worn it was but with the borg shaft i have no slop and nolonger need to worry about having the 4-bolt sent into redhead.

very happy overall. i got my shaft from Amazon on Prime next day. he got his i think from JBG because it was not on Amazon

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Glad to hear it.

tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.