Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JBG has a bit of a special on the Borgeson shafts. thinknig about finally getting 1 (or 3). anybody have the ones without dampers? is the viberation pretty noticeable? or is it worth the bit more to get the damper?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,203 Posts
Have solid ones in both Broncos. I don't think any extra vibration. Or very minimal.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have the dampener variety and I don’t feel anything different than with the rag joint.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Have the dampner in mine. Did the redhead steering box upgrade at the same time. Phenomenal difference. The steering shaft is a very large portion of that as my factory one had issues with the "clips" holding it together. The shaft is worth the money, but I can't tell you anything about with/without dampner.

Good luck, and let us know what the outcome is.

tim

·
Man of endless projects
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to go without dampener. jsut still cant make myself pul lthe trigger. the one in my F250 isnt terrible but has abit of slop. i ended up ordering other stuff instead like a flexplate for my 408 build

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
LOL, trust me I know how "hard" it is to pull the trigger on stuff. I promise I understand. I wish I had a definitive answer for you. ..Good luck regardless.

tim

·
Man of endless projects
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well junkyard charge like 8$ for them. so i look around the yards finsing the best ones i can and swap them in. i dont really have much slop compared to many people. hard to pull trigger on something that doesnt bother me much when i have a 408 to finish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts