Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 498 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
plug ugly said:
Yeah all kinds! Don't know why you don't see them but I sure do. try bowser settings or other browser. What are you using? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Started to install the buckets, also welded the nuts on the back side of the frame to make removal easer.

DSC05717.jpg

DSC05723.jpg

Also thought I'd take some picks on how far everyone is moving them forward, might surprise you how little it is.

The line on the frame is the center of the bump stop for the TTB Axle Dead center of the TTB coil springs
DSC05719.jpg

Here is the Bump stop hole on the SAS buckets, dead center.
DSC05720.jpg

This pic shows were the bucket would locate on the drivers side when bumped up to the rivit. This is about 1/2 back or towards the rear tires. Most cut a notch in the bucket to go around the rivit so bucket can move forward
DSC05721.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I cut the rivit off so I could move the bucket forward. I did the passanger side first and carried those measure ments over to the drivers side. Rivit on passanger side is located more forward and doesn't need to be removed so bucket is mounted right next to it.
DSC05724.jpg

Now I'm turning my attention to the Cage radius arms, and with out measuring it seems to me the mounts will land right in the way of the transmission mount, I think I read somewheres a new transmission mount needs to be fabbed up. Not a problem, just a pain if thats the case. heres some pics of the trans mount.
DSC05725.jpg
DSC05727.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Cut the cross member today, left about a inch lip for now. Used a plasma cutter to do the job fast and clean. Post pics tomorrow.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
You should read more. It has been mentioned in multiple past posts, with about 4 different rigs with answers, including lots of pics. You really could have had the new crossmember fabbed in advance and saved yourself some time. And yes, the buckets go forward just a hair over 1", at least my JBG's did.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Shadofax said:
You should read more. It has been mentioned in multiple past posts, with about 4 different rigs with answers, including lots of pics. You really could have had the new crossmember fabbed in advance and saved yourself some time. And yes, the buckets go forward just a hair over 1", at least my JBG's did.

Perhaps you should read more shadofax, all those posts you speak of - they don't have pics anymore! JBG's might move up over an inch due to their shape and design but the stoct 79 bronco ones don't as shown in my pics.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
bossind said:
Perhaps you should read more shadofax, all those posts you speak of - they don't have pics anymore! JBG's might more up over an inch do to their shape and design but the stocl 79 bronco ones don't as shown in my pics.
That crash was just 10 days ago dude. As far as I can tell every one of my pics related to SAS, coils, crossmember yada yada is there. Most everyone else's that I was referring to should be as well. But I'll go search for ya, K. be back in a sec.:popc1:

1 min. time and here ya go: the link I had posted in this still works fine too, course I figured this and the other longer terms info. would still be out there from other folks:

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43962&highlight=SAS+e4od+crossmember

Search. even most of the red stickies from us that have been around awhile work just fine.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I wasn't looking for your help, I took offence to "YOU SHOULD READ MORE!", Thats all I do! - I read it befor, the one I want to see again was from plug ugly - and he has no pics anymore. Only so many are using the cage arms as well. I can fab my own, not an issue.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
bossind said:
I wasn't looking for your help, I took offence to "YOU SHOULD READ MORE!", Thats all I do! - I read it befor, the one I want to see again was from plug ugly - and he has no pics anymore. Only so many are using the cage arms as well. I can fab my own, not an issue.
Hothed.

no prob. no more help will be forwarded. good luck, and sorry for offending.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Shadofax said:
Hothed.

no prob. no more help will be forwarded. good luck, and sorry for offending.
Not hotheaded, just didn't want to bother anyone with the trans mount cause the one I was interested in just seeing again is no longer posted - thats all. Was going to see if Plug Ugly could post again, but I've drawn something up and picking up metal in the morning. Sorry when you read and search for hours on end and get shit from your wife from being on this site all the time - it’s a piss off to hear from someone on the site telling you to "READ MORE!" - When I already said I read it hear somewhere’s. :rockon

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
bossind said:
Sounds like you got everything covered then. Dude everyone who has done this swap knows how frustrating it is sometimes. If your going to lash out at someone just for a reply given to you; you can do it all on your own. I understand the wife thing mines done and I still hear "well if you wouldnt have spent all this money on your bronco". I know it sucks reading I have read every SAS swap post at least 3Xs I still had questions I PMed pretty much everyone about there swap and what I should do. When I got mine done there was still advice given maybe I didnt want to hear it but it was considered. If your going to reply with "I didnt ask for your help!" then fine no one should help you and no one else will care about your progress. and when you break no one will help out. Just my .02 $ :thumbup

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Ok let’s nip this in the butt before it goes bad even more.

Sorry if it seems like I lashed out, but I hadn’t even asked a question, I was moving along with my SAS posting pics. This Forum has been a great deal of help with all the info you folks have posted, and I have alot respect for all of you.

On the last time I asked a question cause I was stuck, some of you folks came down hard about reading and using the search feature. So I didn’t want to have a repeat on that ever again, so I do a lot reading and research before I even dare ask a question. Now you have to admit you guys do come down pretty hard on folks when they ask questions, and yes sometimes they do deserve it. Just this forum is getting so Internet even the search is hard to find things.

Like I said I hadn’t even asked a question, I said

“I think I read somewhere a new transmission mount needs to be fabbed up. Not a problem, just a pain if thats the case.”

And then Shadofax replied (could also say Lashed out)

“You should read more. It has been mentioned in multiple past posts, with about 4 different rigs with answers, including lots of pics. You really could have had the new crossmember fabbed in advance and saved yourself some time.”

Like I said I have a lot of respect for you folks, special Shadofax – he has done some of the better posts here but I think his reply to my non question was uncalled for, I didn’t deserve that.

If we lived closer together I’d buy you all a beer and we’d be ok. So this will have to do. :beer :beer :beer

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
holy crap people. stop!

be sure to post up with what you come up with. looks like your making progress and have it figured out.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
:whiteflag Ok dusting myself off and trying this again - thanks Dustin!

Well I haven't had to buy metal in a while, and man was I ever surprised at the cost! 6 bucks a foot for some 2x4 so 27.00 buck with tax for a 4 foot section of rusty tubing. Rust isn't bad - just looks bad. Was thinking I'd get a deal on this odd piece they had in the corner, next time I make them cut a chunk off the nice shiny stuff. Live and learn.

This will be used for my trans mount, simular to what others have done befor me. I'll clean it up, cut it to length and start fabbing.

DSC05740.jpg

21 - 40 of 498 Posts