Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dustball said:
Unless you have an 80-82 front diff, you're not gonna be able to use it.
And why not? I'm not going to be using C-clips anyway. Won't the valve spring trick hole it in there too?

Stop making me look stupid :brownbag :drinkbud

Damager said:
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! and it's a HD50

must be the meds ............ :histerica
Thats the point. The 50 and 44 use the same spline in the diff. So the HD50 shaft will fit in the 44, and gives you a larger joint at the slip shaft. Less weak points.
Now the question is will the retaining shaft fit the C-clip housing :shrug
Mr. Smartass thinks I'm :wacko for trying :cry

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
And why not? I'm not going to be using C-clips anyway. Won't the valve spring trick hole it in there too?

Stop making me look stupid :brownbag :drinkbud

Thats the point. The 50 and 44 use the same spline in the diff. So the HD50 shaft will fit in the 44, and gives you a larger joint at the slip shaft. Less weak points.
Now the question is will the retaining shaft fit the C-clip housing :shrug
Mr. Smartass thinks I'm :wacko for trying :cry
I'm using the regular c-clip inner slip on my 44, works fine. Can't use the c-clip anyways, different c-clip location. You'll have to clearance the D50 yokes to get the same amount of angularity as the 44 yoke. I have no clue how the bolt-in retainer will affect things.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dustball said:
You'll have to clearance the D50 yokes to get the same amount of angularity as the 44 yoke. I have no clue how the bolt-in retainer will affect things.
I'm :confused:
The D50 doesn't have the range of motion as the D44 shaft?
Or it will rub on the TTB arm?

This truck (daily driver) will max out at 33" tires and a 2" lift so I can live with the range of motion, I think :shrug

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
I'm :confused:
The D50 doesn't have the range of motion as the D44 shaft?
Or it will rub on the TTB arm?

This truck (daily driver) will max out at 33" tires and a 2" lift so I can live with the range of motion, I think :shrug
Yeah, there's so much beef there that the ears of the slip yoke side binds with the inner shaft at full droop, at least for me. I have more axle cycle range than most people do so you should be fine.

D50 on left, D44 on right

http://ylobronc.users.superford.org/chassis/innershaft.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts