Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today a friend calls me.. he has a perfectly good, running '77 jeep cherokee chief, he hasto get rid of it right away.. he tried selling it but nobody wanted it.. the scrap yard was gonna give him 200 bux for it.. so i made the same offer.. so now i have it..

now the only thing i cant figure out, is how the hell to put it into 4 low!! i know it's got that "all time 4x4" stuff, but isn't there a way to switch it from "all time 4x4" to "4hi lock" as well as 4lo? there is no shift lever on the floor. i looked for about 5 minutes when i got it home and didn't see anything. i'll have to check more later.. see what's up with it.. maybe it only has high range?

whatta you guys think? good score? it has dana 44's front and rear.

·
JEEP CREEP
2,503 Posts
sweet my buddies grandpa has one and that thing goes everywhere. i think theres a switch inside the center part of the dash but not to sure

·
Registered
102 Posts
whatta you guys think? good score? it has dana 44's front and rear.
$200 and it runs? Hell yeah that's a good score. :thumbup

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
A two-door? You lucky SOB! Those are effing scarce!

·
Registered
687 Posts
There should be a shifter that looks like this in the glove box.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Hahahah! My parents have been looking for one of those for awhile now.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The switch in the dash is what puts it in 4x4 instead of AWD. It is vacuum operated.

It locks the transfer case for off road. In normal mode, the transfer case has clutches that provide differential action between the front and rear axles on the street

Many of the Quadratrac Jeeps had no low range.

There should be a small lever on the floor for Low range if it has it.

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
They are pretty cool, especially the two door, I just never cared for the vacuum actuated front axles, selectable hubs being my preference. Should be a great lil beater if thats what your intent is. :thumbup

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
I had an old quadratrac jeep that had the 4 low shifter to the left of the tranny hump near the drivers seat. The lever was really small.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome score! Want to sell it for $250?
A two-door? You lucky SOB! Those are effing scarce!
I'd give a testicle for that.
Hahahah! My parents have been looking for one of those for awhile now.
lucky! id trade the bronco for one in a heartbeat! nice chief i have actually been looking for one.

Wow.. i didn't realize there would be so much interest in it.. i actually just bought it with the intent of re-selling it. the title has been lost, and i was told it hasn't been registered for years (out of the system?).
it's got a 360 in it with a 727 trans. new timing chain, oil pump, and some other stuff on it too. starts right up. the interior is a little rough (carpet warn, front seats torn/warn, typical of a 34 year old vehicle) but it doesn't have any dents or rust (that I've found yet, at least)

if somebody is seriously interested, make me an offer!! (reasonable.. not 250, hehe ;) and yes i'd trade it for a bronco

i might even deliver it if my fuel is paid for (i'm in California a couple hours north of LA)

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'd buy it from you if you were closer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it has the low range then on that its on the hump next to your feet. I had a Grand Wagoneer which is that same front, 4 doors, and all the electric windows and what have you. The 4 wheel drive is all set the same though. I took mine to England when I moved there with me. Sold it to an Englishman there for a good chunk of change as it looked good enough and needed just a little restoration. Made more on it than I would have ever made here in the states.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts