Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my Pro Comp 4" lift kit. I'll be running 33's w/ 3.55 gears. I really wanted the 6" lift, but my wife is short and doesn't want it to be that tall. To make it work I had to compromise. We only really ride trails that are moderately difficult. Will this be a decent set-up?

I have serched a lot here, but I'm still not sure I made the right call...

Either try to talk me out of my purchase or tell me I made the right decision. This is my first 4 x4 so I am a noob for sure.

Also, I tow a 17' bass boat with this truck. Should I change gears or will I be OK? Currently I'm running 32" tires and it tows fine. Is there going to be excessive strain on the tranny or other parts?

Any advice is appreciated.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to go with 35's in the future but it's most likely not going to happen. I have all of the expensive hobbies and that rubs my wife the wrong way. I was lucky to get to spend the $1,000 on this lift project. I was really hoping to not have to re-gear. I'll probably look into the tranny cooler and filter. I really want to treat this truck well because I love it and it's in great condition. I'd hate to tear it up by doing something stupid. It doesn't even have 75K miles on it yet. I would love to see it live to 200k like some of the other trucks on here.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the lift from 4 Wheel Parts. Pro Comp was having a huge 1 day sale which included free install and 1/2 price alignment. I will be having the work done at the Denver store. They gave me a great deal. (And I'm a noob wannabe mechanic who frustrates easily)

The lift was reduced from $1215 to $764. Out the door the whole thing is going to cost me $1,045.

Is 4 Wheel Parts a quality organization?

Any experiences w/ them?

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I've been pricing out tires lately. Are Pro Comp tires worth a damn? They are also on sale right now.

I've always been a BFG guy. If it's not a stellar tire, I'm not buying it.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.