Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Did front brake pads last night did not bleed the brake lines at all just removed a little fluid from the reservoir so there would be no overflow. Upon completion I drove it around the neighborhood and engaged the brakes. They work. But now I notice that the fluid level has not gone down. Could it be because now my Pistons on the calipers are now at a different location? Because of the thicker brake pads? Anyways, just thought I'd ask. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes and as you wear your pads the fluid level will drop. Did you also check blinker fluid?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Hey guys,
Did front brake pads last night did not bleed the brake lines at all just removed a little fluid from the reservoir so there would be no overflow. Upon completion I drove it around the neighborhood and engaged the brakes. They work. But now I notice that the fluid level has not gone down. Could it be because now my Pistons on the calipers are now at a different location? Because of the thicker brake pads? Anyways, just thought I'd ask. Thanks
Yes and as you wear your pads the fluid level will drop. Did you also check blinker fluid?
Well that just makes you sound like a dick.

Yes, when you compress the pistons the fluid will return to the MC and stay there. Over time your brake fluid level will drop as the pads wear, it's perfectly normal. In fact unless you have a fluid leak you shouldn't have to add brake fluid for that reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts