Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my wife emailed me saying the the bronco is having brake problems i asked her what type of brake problems she said that when she shifts to reverse the the brakes stick and wont release and sometimes when she puts it in drive. I told her it was more than likely the master cylinder am I correct to assume this. Its kind of hard for me to really know being deployed and all any info would be great before I tell her what to do

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Has she recently applied the parking brake where normally it is never used? It could be a sticking e-brake cable. Get her to take it to a shop. They wont charge her for looking, then she can tell them she will get back to them after talking to you.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
It's probably not the master cylinder.

I'd agree with Walt, ask her if she's used the parking brake recently.

Also, is she sure it's the brakes sticking? Could be a problem with the transmission not going into gear also... like you said, it's hard to guess over the internet...

·
Registered
605 Posts
One day the wife called me on her way to work to say her V8 explorer was making a wierd noise and just didn't feel right.

I went to check it out and turned out she had set the E brake earlier in the day and forgot to release it. The light on the dash wasn't glowing for some reason (not that she would have noticed it anyway!).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its not the trans it was just rebuilt before i left along with the engine but I'm thinking it could be the parking brake she says that it isn't making any noises I'm going to have her take it to a garage near her base

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hey Adrian, Don't forget you have US here to help you out!
Myself, Chemfrk, shag90, and others are here and in the area. If you need your bronco looked at, PM one of us and we will probably all go help out!:beer

When do you get back?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt even think to ask yall that means alot thanks...well as to when I'm come back stateside I have to different dates one is April 15th and the other is May 8 one is ADVON and the other is Main body. No one seems to know which I'm going on yet. Seems I made a good impression out here where I'm at and they are wanting me to extend my wife would kill if I did so will see what happens....

·
Registered
203 Posts
God be with you and thanks for doing this for all of us I now alot of people don't think we should be there any more (me being one of them ) but are boys are still there and we have to support them in any way that we can!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Adrian,

I still remember where you live, I can go by there on my way home one day and take a look, no big deal.

Juat let me know,

PM me and I will give you my number so your wife can give me a call.

Chem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts