Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need to do brakes in my '93, which i've never done before, and so i go to the store buy the pads and shoes....then i get home and realize i did a very stupid thing and left my hayne's manual in my dorm room. Which i can't get back into until the 11th. So i'm hopin one of you guys can either scan the pages on brakes out of the book, or maybe there's a thread i'm not aware of.......

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Raise one end of the vehicle and do one side at a time, using the other untouched side as a reference.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
waltman said:
Raise one end of the vehicle and do one side at a time, using the other untouched side as a reference.

you'll just have to remember that all the parts for one side, are going to be opposite for the other, example: if the primary shoe goes to the "left" side on the drivers side of the car, and he puts the primary shoe on the "left" side on the PASSenger side, then he is going to be in a world of trouble.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
stepchild88 said:
you'll just have to remember that all the parts for one side, are going to be opposite for the other, example: if the primary shoe goes to the "left" side on the drivers side of the car, and he puts the primary shoe on the "left" side on the PASSenger side, then he is going to be in a world of trouble.
Why try remembering when you can have something to look at? I can do brakes blind folded but I still do it that way. Every now and then my brain goes blank and I run over to the other side for a quick reference, better safe than sorry, especially if the person doing the brakes lacks experience.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help, once i started after it it wasn't that hard after all.....figured out i haven't had rear brakes since i bought the thing three years ago!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts