Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my brake pedal there are two switches.....one on top that is threaded and I guess is for adjusting when the brake lights come on and the other is for what?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the one I thought was for the brake lights is the speed control valve. What does it do?.....I'll search.

So if my brake lights don't come on till the truck is alreay stoping and the pedal is pretty far down....is this adjustable?

·
Banned
21,545 Posts
No. You have to bleed the brakes or fix the faulty caliper/line to get the brake switch to close sooner.

Yes, the large threaded plastic one is the vent valve for the cruise.

...which means you have a tilt column (in case you didn't realize it - LOTS of people don't). So while you're digging around under the dash, do some preventative maintenance on the ignition actuators before they break. Searching will bring you all the info you need.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You might and not know it. If you do it's controlled by your turn signal stalk. See if the stalk pulls towards you or away from you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boy do I feel stupid.. I've had my Bronco for almost four years and never new it had a tilt wheel..

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
86 Bronco said:
Boy do I feel stupid.. I've had my Bronco for almost four years and never new it had a tilt wheel..
That's funny. I had mine for almost a year, I believe, before I realized how it worked. Before that I was always scratching my head because it looked like a tilt, just couldn't figure out what the actuator was. The even funnier part was the first thing I tried was the signal lever, but it just seemed to me it would break. I'm sure if I had pushed it just a tad more it would have worked.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
waltman said:
That's funny. I had mine for almost a year, I believe, before I realized how it worked. Before that I was always scratching my head because it looked like a tilt, just couldn't figure out what the actuator was. The even funnier part was the first thing I tried was the signal lever, but it just seemed to me it would break. I'm sure if I had pushed it just a tad more it would have worked.
Ditto. I knew it was a tilt when I got the 84 because of the the dealer door sticker build sheet said so, but it took awhile till I figured to move the lever all the way forward.

Adrianspeeder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts